IGNORED

New website: www.ti99.eu

kl99

I find it odd to ask why.

Did you actually check out the content of the site?

The content is unique and can not be found on other 99-related sites.

It will be the home for

- TI Austria Usergroup

- Web99 Project site

- my TI-99 collection [ including the TI-99/8, MBX prototype]

- European TI-99 stuff not shown on other websites or at least not in english Language. Where else did you see the 1103xxx Product numbers decoded so far? http://www.ti99.eu/?page_id=1369

I hope for it to become a home for 99/8 and 99/2 Users to link together and share knowledge.

I hope for it to become the center for 99ers to check and talk about internal TI Documentation [ http://www.ti99.eu/?page_id=25 ]

Klaus

I like it, Klaus! I can try to scan in some of the really odd manuals in my collection (and note that there are two major styles of the PHT/PHD manuals, with the cover art being identical, but the size of the manuals is different. The earliest (99/4-era) manuals are noticeably larger. . .about a centimeter taller and slightly (maybe 2mm) wider, but I'd have to check some of mine to be sure. One other suggestion--with the manuals, when there is a special overlay included with it, you might want to add those to your picture set for that manual, as that lets folks visually determine which overlays belong to what (especially with the 99/4 overlays, as they are a bit cryptic at times).

• Like 2

I have lots of ideas, maybe each manual takes you to a dedicated site about the Cartridge. Where there is more room for detailed information and pictures of Overlays, Keyboard strips, Addendums, Cartridge Labels, Packaging, Screenshots.

More information can be added about the release, the manual reveal a lot of times the Developer/Designer/Author who might land on the page if he googles himself.

In the mean time I got a Scanner to do scans of documents as well.

• Like 1

yes, really great page Klaus.

And I like it to have ALL the content on ONE page.

So i.e. for the manuals, OK, it takes a "second" until it loads all this mass of pictures,

but then I can scroll (and not click and click and click and click) comfortable through the whole content at once

this is really preferred, very big advantage while surfing so much content. Clicking just takes (my) focus :)

I´ll send you the pics from the early EU-Carts from today if I have taken all photos.

Scan maybe will happen, a bit later. a small decade later ;)

• Like 1

The Windows drive letter thing is so ridiculous. I work on provisioning systems sometimes, and have to do image captures to external drives and boot off of special USB sticks. It's really hard to script things for other machines when the drive letters are NOT fixed or guaranteed to be the same, and sometimes drives even stack up differently on the same machine. And there's no bloody command to show which drive is mounted to what !?! Only installing CygWin and having the UNIX mount command has saved me from defenestrating a few Windows boxes.

If you don't have bought the Cyc DVD you can ignore those links. It is then limited to information purposes to the fact that this document has been preserved and can be found on the Cyc DVD.

I will not provide any Cyc Material on the website.

If you have bought the Cyc DVD then you will know that the official recommendation in order to use cross-document linking (Document A contains a clickable link to Document B, which opens up when you click on it) is done by mounting the DVD data to drive Y. The gained value of the website for Cyc DVD customers is that you will be able to open your local documents directly from the website without having to search through folders, without having mostly ugly, unsearchable scans of documents. Most of the times only Cyc provides a version of the document at all. So leaving out this key provider as a document source in such a list would be stupid. And since we are in the html world, I use hyperlinks to actually link to that document.

I didn't check for other ways yet where you don't need to change security settings for a site in firefox to actually make the link work.

• Like 1

I just received a complete set of the Milliken cartridges from PHM3102 through PHM3108. Interesting is that all of them have the serial number and other production manufacturing data stamped on the bottom, but the labels are standard typed pre-production/prototype labels, not production labels. Looking at these, I suspect the modules were actually production releases that were pulled off the line as test samples. All but one of them comes in a nice blue cartridge shell. . .they even came with a Teacher's manual for the P/L Manager module--oddly enough, the manual is for the Apple II, but the commands to set up the class disks apparently work identically on both systems (based on some cursory tests--the commands went to the right screens, but I wasn't using a blank, formatted disk, so they wouldn't execute in some cases).

• Like 2

Windows command prompt:

wmic logicaldisk get caption,description

That works, but only shows physical drives and not network drives. This is still handy. I still contend that the Microsoft drive letter thing is absurd and makes automation difficult because you never know what drive letter a certain partition, memory stick, etc is going to end up as. You have to go out of your way to force enumeration of drive letters in a particular order. Also In a dual boot environment with UEFI, you can have a C: and a D: drive assigned at the partition level, but when you boot into one or the other, the booted drive becomes C: no matter what. I'm sure it's because of legacy needs and lots of stuff, including M$' own stuff would probably fall on its face without %windir% being C:. It's just silliness that needs to wind up on the ash heap, right next to Microsoft Bob.

• Like 2