IGNORED

Adamem

Milli V

Is there a way of getting files into AdamEm from DOS and out of AdamEm to DOS? I realize I can get more developing done if I can use the emulator then send it to my Adam via VERRRYYY slow 300 baud when done. I do most of my coding in windows (so much easier with 2 23" monitors) and then send it to the Adam to test - its a slow process.

Milli

There is a utility that will write PC files to an ADAM disk and ADAM files to your PC, but you need an ADAM disk drive and an old style 360k drive on a old PC that will run DOS.

Is there a way of getting files into AdamEm from DOS and out of AdamEm to DOS? I realize I can get more developing done if I can use the emulator then send it to my Adam via VERRRYYY slow 300 baud when done. I do most of my coding in windows (so much easier with 2 23" monitors) and then send it to the Adam to test - its a slow process.

Milli

NIAD needs to chime in here...someone (I forget who) did something that would manipulate disk images so I think you could move files to and from them but I never used it or even ran it because it required at least Windows 7 which I don't currently have installed on any of my computers (I'm still an XP guy).

Nothing that will get them out of and into a .dsk image?

Ok figured out how to get files out.

Go to this website:

http://www.komkon.org/~dekogel/adamem.html

And download this:

EOS disk utilities 1.0 MS-DOS binaries

The program readdisk.exe will let you extract files out of a EOS .dsk image, not CP/M but can use the CP/M utilities to move the files to / from CP/M and EOS formats. Now that I see it is possible I can actually get some work done :)

Edited by Milli V
  • Like 1

Wow! Wish I'd known you could do that with that program before...it would have saved a lot of grief using another program that reads/writes files to real ADAM disks. The problem with some of those programs on there is that they aren't documented very well and I haven't had the patience to experiment with them all.

The only one I use a lot is DCOPY for reading real disks into disk images and disk images back to real disks.

Ok figured out how to get files out.

Go to this website:

http://www.komkon.org/~dekogel/adamem.html

And download this:

EOS disk utilities 1.0 MS-DOS binaries

The program readdisk.exe will let you extract files out of a EOS .dsk image, not CP/M but can use the CP/M utilities to move the files to / from CP/M and EOS formats. Now that I see it is possible I can actually get some work done :)

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of that I couldn't remember. I still haven't run it because you need Windows 7 and I still only have XP.

Here is a Windows disk utility for transferring files to image files that AtariAge member "plbyrd" wrote last year. I had forgotten all about this and really need to test it out to see how it works.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/238304-introducing-adamdsk-the-disk-image-manager-for-coleco-adam/?hl=%2Bplbyrd&do=findComment&comment=3238244