IGNORED

Digital vision computer eyes cib Atari computers

Hello guys

I've always wanted one of these. Jürgen? Lenore? Panos?

Sincerely

Mathy (who video taped parts of Miami Vice that had exclusive cars in them, with the intention to one day digitizing them. We had a Philips VCC/Video2000 recorder. These had very good quality still video)

Edited by Mathy

I would say they are semi-rare. You don't see them that often on ebay. Anyway we could get you (if you have the means) to copy the disk?

http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-computereyes_18526.html

Allan

Here is my ComputerEyes package.

post-10849-0-33201300-1458354048_thumb.jpg

I loved this graphics utility package when I purchased it in 1985. Wow, 31 years ago!!

I'm honored that Fandal's site has a disk of my pictures I digitized with it. http://a8.fandal.cz/search.php?search=Fuls&butt_details_x=

Here is a dump of my ComputerEyes program disk.Computereyes V2.0 (1985)(Digital Vision)(Basic)(Original FULS DUMP).atr

And here is a modified ComputerEyes program disk that I added features too back in the day.Computereyes (1985)(Digital Vision)(Basic)(Modified by FULS).atr

Here is a demo put out by Digital Vision on ComputerEyes.Computereyes Demo.atr

Thanks,

Doug

Edited by FULS
  • Like 4

Man, this brings back memories. I really don't think the IBM PC had anything like it when this came out. Kind of like the S.A.M. speech synthesizer back in 1981. I had one in the mid 80's and digitized family photos using my father's then "hi tech" Panasonic VHS camera. The photo quality in GR.9 wasn't spectacular, it was just "gee whiz" cool in 1986. I remember adjusting the two control knobs and waiting 90 seconds to make adjustments to light and contrast. I can't remember, but I thought the screen shut off like S.A.M. to increase computing power during the capture.

Hallo Nir

Mathy, there is a computereyes for sale on eBay now

Thanks for the tip, but this is the Commodore 64/128 version, which uses a different interface to connect to the computer. And the price is a bit high too.

Sincerely

Mathy

• 3 months later...

Here is my ComputerEyes package.

attachicon.gifComputereyes.JPG

I loved this graphics utility package when I purchased it in 1985. Wow, 31 years ago!!

I'm honored that Fandal's site has a disk of my pictures I digitized with it. http://a8.fandal.cz/search.php?search=Fuls&butt_details_x=

Here is a dump of my ComputerEyes program disk.attachicon.gifComputereyes V2.0 (1985)(Digital Vision)(Basic)(Original FULS DUMP).atr

And here is a modified ComputerEyes program disk that I added features too back in the day.attachicon.gifComputereyes (1985)(Digital Vision)(Basic)(Modified by FULS).atr

Here is a demo put out by Digital Vision on ComputerEyes.attachicon.gifComputereyes Demo.atr

Thanks,

Doug

Hey Doug - Have you printed the images captured with the computereyes? If so, what was your set up - printer, screen dump program, etc? Thanks so much for posting the program disk, etc! I have just bought a computereyes for Atari, and am trying to find the best set up for printing the images with a dot matrix printer. Also if anyone else has any experience capturing and then printing let me know,

thanks!

Kris

Hey Doug - Have you printed the images captured with the computereyes? If so, what was your set up - printer, screen dump program, etc? Thanks so much for posting the program disk, etc! I have just bought a computereyes for Atari, and am trying to find the best set up for printing the images with a dot matrix printer. Also if anyone else has any experience capturing and then printing let me know,

thanks!

Kris

Kris,

It's been a long time since I actually printed a picture captured with computereyes, but I used to use my modified program (Computereyes (1985)(Digital Vision)(Basic)(Modified by FULS).atr) to print it out on a Star SG10. When using my modified version, the print option was in the lower right corner.

Thanks,

Doug

I have two of each for:

Atari 8 Bit (joy ports)

Atari ST (cartridge port)

C64 (User Port)

Been awhile since I've used them...

just a bit more detail on why I ask - This is part of a larger project that I'm doing on the history of digitization of images., which may become a publication, but for now is a teaching tool and art project...

I've been using another version from a commodore 64 as well, and have been able to print images on a commodore dot matrix printer. I've also been teaching kids art classes that look at old technology, and give a history to the current state we are in with cameras everywhere. I have a series of dot matrix prints I'm doing as well, that I have then scanned at a high resolution with a new computer, and had them printed at a professional photo lab on large scale, so you can see all of the individual dots that make up the image. I'm looking at different versions of the computereyes program and different printers, so an ST version would be fantastic.

Kris,

It's been a long time since I actually printed a picture captured with computereyes, but I used to use my modified program (Computereyes (1985)(Digital Vision)(Basic)(Modified by FULS).atr) to print it out on a Star SG10. When using my modified version, the print option was in the lower right corner.

Thanks,

Doug

Thanks Doug, it's great that you created a modified version with the print option! I've actually corresponded with Dave Pratt who created the computereyes device, interesting history that is largely forgotten...he put together a website recently on digital vision - http://www.digital-vision-inc.com/

• Like 2

just a bit more detail on why I ask - This is part of a larger project that I'm doing on the history of digitization of images., which may become a publication, but for now is a teaching tool and art project...

I've been using another version from a commodore 64 as well, and have been able to print images on a commodore dot matrix printer. I've also been teaching kids art classes that look at old technology, and give a history to the current state we are in with cameras everywhere. I have a series of dot matrix prints I'm doing as well, that I have then scanned at a high resolution with a new computer, and had them printed at a professional photo lab on large scale, so you can see all of the individual dots that make up the image. I'm looking at different versions of the computereyes program and different printers, so an ST version would be fantastic.

The ST version is also in color :)

These are part of a collection with spares, Both ST versions may be CIB, I know one is. I'll think about it...

• 11 months later...

The ST version is also in color icon_smile.gif

These are part of a collection with spares, Both ST versions may be CIB, I know one is. I'll think about it...

I forgot about this thread from last year, and just found it again when looking around for more computereyes devices...any chance you may want to part with one of your computereyes for the ST? icon_smile.gif

I forgot about this thread from last year, and just found it again when looking around for more computereyes devices...any chance you may want to part with one of your computereyes for the ST? icon_smile.gif

Possibly, but since they don't pop up for sale that often, it may not go cheap for a CIB...

Possibly, but since they don't pop up for sale that often, it may not go cheap for a CIB...

Ok, not necessarily looking for a CIB if one of yours isn't complete...I mainly need the hardware device to connect to the ST, as it will actually be used, and not just for collecting. Message me if you're interested.

• 3 months later...