IGNORED

What happens after

Jinks

Ok I am testing my Coleco and I am seeing after you die on DK the screen freezes.

I am not able to press fire(they dont work its a coleco remember) Reset restarts the game from the title screen. Just want to make sure thats how the game works.

I imagine pressing fire or whatever would go back to the title screen or game selection?

Ok I am testing my Coleco and I am seeing after you die on DK the screen freezes.

I am not able to press fire(they dont work its a coleco remember) Reset restarts the game from the title screen. Just want to make sure thats how the game works.

I imagine pressing fire or whatever would go back to the title screen or game selection?

Like digress says, press the "*" button to replay the same skill level, or "#" to select a new skill level.

But, there is a flaw on the early 24K ROM version: whenever you lose your last life on a Skill 1 game (start with 5 lives), replaying the same skill level only starts you with 3 lives. It was corrected on the 16K ROM version. I wish I knew how to correct this and other flaws that the 24K ROM version had.

~Ben

Edited by ColecoFan1981
  • Like 1

Like digress says, press the "*" button to replay the same skill level, or "#" to select a new skill level.

But, there is a flaw on the early 24K ROM version: whenever you lose your last life on a Skill 1 game (start with 5 lives), replaying the same skill level only starts you with 3 lives. It was corrected on the 16K ROM version. I wish I knew how to correct this and other flaws that the 24K ROM version had.

~Ben

I have not yet given up hope on fixing my coleco. Something is screwed up in the rf circut I just don't know what!!!

Thats interesting, Ben. I never knew about that bug. :cool:

Jinks, personally I'd just call it a day on that ColecoVision and pick up an F18A, then mail everything off to Yurkie or Grips03 to mod the console for you. As much trouble you've been having with that RF circuit, I probably would have caved a while ago.. Unless you just feel like tinkering. :)

Thats interesting, Ben. I never knew about that bug. :cool:

Jinks, personally I'd just call it a day on that ColecoVision and pick up an F18A, then mail everything off to Yurkie or Grips03 to mod the console for you. As much trouble you've been having with that RF circuit, I probably would have caved a while ago.. Unless you just feel like tinkering. :)

Putting the f18a in a coleco would be easy peasy. I am sure I could install it.

What pisses me off is it jas to be something stupid wrong with my video output. I am just missing it.

I spent another 2 hours on it tonight.

The f18a is just the vdp chip removal right? Which is 10000x easier than replacing all the ram chips which I already did.

Who and where do I buy the f18a from?

Is there good directions?

Is it a complete kit that you buy with no additional parts needed to install(such as connectors or whatever)

I should probably replace my controller ics just before I make the jump to dumping more money into a flakey coleco.

Yep, socket and replace the old one.. the f18a is a brand new VDP that replaces the original.

matthew180 is the gentleman here on AA that created them.

You can buy one at: http://codehackcreate.com/store#!/F18A-V1-7-Video-Board/p/14022176/category=0

*select the ColecoVision, tall pins version.

A useful thread on the install a few pages back: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/201837-notes-from-colecovison-vga-card-install/?hl=f18a

You can also search for "f18a" in the CV/adam forum, there's all kinds of good info in various threads. :)