IGNORED

Testing front connector?

7800fan

How do I tell for sure if there's any problem with the front connector? I have only 1 2600 module and it refuses to work and with no other item to test with, I can't tell if the front connector is bad, if the 2600 module is bad, or if the connector itself is dirty or bad.

It's hard for me to test the 2600 module anyway. I know that CPU and RIOT chip are OK but the TIA chip uses different pinout and can't be swapped in a standard 2600 system to rule out dead TIA.

It would suck if my SGM comes in over the summer (wave 3) and it doesn't work because of bad slot.

Given that the CV expansion port is just a traced card edge, it's unlikely that the problem lies there - possible, yes, but unlikely. Of course you could have a broken trace between the edge connector and a component on the motherboard, but it's more likely that the connector and/or the 2600 module socket is dirty, or that the problem lies squarely in the 2600 module. Without checking pin voltages and prodding around with a logic probe, it would be easier to just try the module on another CV or try a new module.

As long as the CV and Exp. Mod. #1 are indeed in working condition, then $50 and $25 are actually good prices. As far as the Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM, you can find them at decent prices by asking around here, but shipping costs can't be avoided unless you find someone local.

As long as the CV and Exp. Mod. #1 are indeed in working condition, then $50 and $25 are actually good prices. As far as the Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM, you can find them at decent prices by asking around here, but shipping costs can't be avoided unless you find someone local.

My local postmaster will thank me if I didn't get Adam expansion. :D will see if I can snag a working 2600 expansion so I can check my stuff out and find out if my 2600 module is working or not.

I didn't know I was very close to NIAD until we talked. If you let people know what state you are in then maybe people in the same state could PM you to find out if you guys are in same city or close. Then maybe they can drive over with their 2600, coleco, and power brick and you guys could figure out which one is broken without purchasing something.