IGNORED

WIP Game for 7800: Dream Princess Adventure

gorfcadet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The game looks great, and I have to give it credit for the greatest game title...

Dream Princess Adventure

Love it, love it, love it...

I hope you are going for a pink cart for it one day!!

I like the pink cart idea. I'm leaning into my Japanese design influences. I'd love box art that would look right at home next to Parodius with a pink cart! I'd love to see a super deformed homage to the original Super Mario Bros. Famicom cart artwork.

Just started working in Pyxel Edit to start laying out the levels recently now that the graphical assets are pretty solid. I'd show more, but I want to avoid spoiling hidden areas and other goodies. When I get farther along I may share a censored map. If I can do that without ruining a lot of the exploration.

post-30305-0-43314400-1517368127.jpg

• Like 4

This game's spritework reminds me of Rainbow Islands, and the cat reminds me of Tiny Toons' Furball. (In a good way.)

LOL! I was going for Sylvester, but working in 12x16 that is what happens! One of my students was peeking over my shoulder and said the same thing! His napping frames I hope really show his Sylvester influence. One day I want to see a Balloon Fight clone with my jet pack cat.

Now I want to put a Baby Plucky in the game that says, "No you turn, is my turn. I push the button."

• Like 1

Just some tile work for the game. The cosplayers in the dance hall won't be there in the final game. Copyright :) but wanted to share the joy. The goose that lays the golden egg is my spin on the Mario coin heaven. Mega Man II fans will see my inspiration for the lava bridge scene once it is done.

Hope everyone is well!

post-30305-0-36360300-1517619689.png

post-30305-0-78857500-1517619695.png

post-30305-0-22556900-1517619702_thumb.png

• Like 3

Defender - Yeah, Im pretty sure this is going to be in fat mode, but that is out of my hands. Im just the slacker designer. To get the colors we want onscreen Im pretty sure we are stuck with fat mode. I thought about cutting pixels to accommodate the stretch, but I lost to much expression in my characters.

Shawn - me too. But one does not rush the programmer! Jk. Im not sure if he is going to be interested in sharing until its near complete. Which I understand. At first we were not going to even announce the game until it was done, but Im a blabber mouth.

When someone drops all that crazy Atari money on my doorstep, Ill quit my day job and me and my partner will get er done. Nobody wants this done and playable and in a pink cartridge more than me! :)

Thanks for the feedback guys! I hope everyone is doing well. So many cool things going on here while I was gone. Im glad to see Curt back; is PmP still around?

Edited by gorfcadet
  • Like 2