IGNORED

Where to get AV mod kits for INTV and INTV II?

Fred is a snake. I've reported him ...get this....THIRTEEN TIMES to ebay in phone calls, filled out a police report, had Ebay fill out a police report (he threatened to have someone "take care of me" ...which is laughable but whatever)

I report his listings DAILY to ebay and i even include links to the original games online...nothing happens.

the man is Teflon. The only thing i can suggest is that you just report his listings to ebay...maybe one day they will give a shit.

for now...he's a punk bitch that will get his come uppins one dayl.

I posted the Eagle files for people to have oshpark.com make their own composite video mod. It works really well and is super cheap.

If you rather buy a mod board from me let me know. I will pre-install electronics on the PCB. Price is $12 + shipping.

Please don't buy if you don't know how to install. I just don't have the time to help. Mod board uses the Intvwiki posted design.

http://wiki.intellivision.us/index.php?title=Intellivision_Composite_Video_Modification

• 4 months later...

Not sure how helpful this is, but I finished up my AV composite mod using the kit from the guy in Turkey as well. I'm pretty impressed with the results as well! I used the instructions around the web for reference, but I've never liked the idea of soldering near the 30+ year old ribbon cable. So I tapped my ground off an unused via around the edge of the main board just behind the RF modulator, and got +5 off an unused pad that shows where an axial capacitor was originally supposed to go according to the silkscreen.

Anywhere, here is a very detailed video of the process, so hopefully anyone that hasn't done this yet will feel better about tackling it themselves. Compared to AV modding a Genesis or especially the TG-16 with S-Video... this was a breeze to do.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I've bought the av mod for the colecovision a few years ago from the guy in Turkey. The installation was easy and turned out good. I've since replaced it with Yurkivision version. I'm planning on buying an Intellivision to install the av mod from the guy in Turkey again. I'd like to do this to an Intellivision II because it's smaller. Does anyone have instructions on how to do it for a Intellivision II? Any recommendations on an AV mod for this?

• 4 years later...

Hi All! Late to the game. Does anyone know where to best pull 5v+ and gnd from on the intellivision 2?

I see lots of documentation on how to av mod the intellivision 1 but not much on the intellivision ii just pics and some of the wires I can’t see where they go.

Would it be wrong to go to the 7805? 
or is there a better spot?

thanks!

8 hours ago, Tengugurl said:

Hi All! Late to the game. Does anyone know where to best pull 5v+ and gnd from on the intellivision 2?

I see lots of documentation on how to av mod the intellivision 1 but not much on the intellivision ii just pics and some of the wires I can’t see where they go.

Would it be wrong to go to the 7805? 
or is there a better spot?

I remember watching the 8-bit guy do his.  Maybe this will help.

Best place to source +5 on the Intellivision is on the bottom side of the board right at the cable where the power board attaches to the main board. Or at least that is where I usually get it from on the RGB installs. Ground can be gotten from just about anywhere on the Intellivision as there is ground all around the main board.

But really just using a multimeter set to DC and probe with the console on to find an easy to reach +5 source and nearest ground.