IGNORED

7800 controller repair/micro switch

Micheloni2600

I would not go so far as to say the Best Elec. Gold Dome 7800 controllers are better than the micro SWs, they are good. I have not personally done the microswitch mod. I am sure they are great as well. It would be cheaper to do the microswitch mod, switches are cheap on Amazon and Ebay.

I would not go so far as to say the Best Elec. Gold Dome 7800 controllers are better than the micro SWs, they are good. I have not personally done the microswitch mod. I am sure they are great as well. It would be cheaper to do the microswitch mod, switches are cheap on Amazon and Ebay.

I see the gold domes with the boards are like 18? I think I could get like 3 4 packs at radio shack and I could mod two controllers, I may try this tonight and resolve with later thoughts, though I will be very busy tonight and wont get to around posting until very very late, if I decide to do this I may just make a micro switch mod detailed picture thread.

With a multimeter check continuity between the wire at the controller and the one at the port.

Honestly what I normally have to do is cut the female connector at the end of the cord and replace it with another DB9, unfortunately the DB9 connector that you can buy are not a good fit for the 7800 so I also have a couple of working extension cords that accept the DB9 connectors I use to replace the one on the cable.

Sometime I need to cut a little more than just the female connector [which normally means the metal inside the socket does not form anymore a good contact) this second case is normally tested by arcing the cable and see that contacts are formed and interrupted depending on the arc, that means a strand of wire inside the cable actually broke]

{I used to buy all sort of controller extension cords as I tend to sit a little further away from the TV, so those were never really in short supply at my place}