IGNORED

Why wan't Kung-Fu or Skate Boardin' on the Activision Anth?

solidtails

I know why Ghostbusters didn't make it (Sony/Columbia Pictures assh*les).

But why didn't Kung Fu make it (Data East licensed it to Activision just as they did with Commando) or David Crane's Skate Boardin' make it either (all of the other Absolute Entertainment titles are there)?

Please also ould you fill me in on Double Dragon?

Thank you.

Ya Kung-Fu was an arcade port of a Data East game just as Commando was.

Double Dragon was originaly done by Taito in the arcades, then ported by Activision to the 2600. They also tackled RAMPAGE (too bad that didn't hit the collection, I believe Midway originaly did that game).

I wish there was some info or details about these ports that Activision did. Interviews with the programmers and such. It'd be interesting to know the challenges, sucesses and faults they had doing these games. I mean these arcade games were pretty state-of-the-art at the time and for the most part they were translated well to the very very limited 2600.

The Commando rights reverted to Capcom and were acquired from them. (Note the copyright notice used in the AA version of the ROM.) Kung Fu (aka Kung Fu Master) is/was owned by Irem and would have reverted to them.

As far as I know, Rampage was cleared with Midway. It was prepared for the release, but didn't make it in.

Skate Boardin' was also prepared for release, but (again) didn't make the final cut.

Double Dragon was prepared for release under another name ("Double Dukes").

Many of the titles that didn't make it onto the original AA will be in the "Extended Dance Mix" version for PCs & Macs (though which ones I can't say). Most were originally intended for download in the PS2 version, but were lost when Sony nixed internet connectivity.

Many of the titles that didn't make it onto the original AA will be in the "Extended Dance Mix" version for PCs & Macs (though which ones I can't say).  Most were originally intended for download in the PS2 version, but were lost when Sony nixed internet connectivity.

I wish I didn't have to keep hearing that. With apologies to Mr. Jessop, everytime those words are uttered I mutter a silent F#%! YOU to Sony for screwing us out of what could have been the most brilliant application of the internet on a PS2 ever.

Ooops, that was unintended. Been working way too much lately :(

Sorry

Jerry

Really, it's all good. I also PM'd you that just in case you thought otherwise. :D

And for the record, I never blame "you" for anything Sony does or doesn't do, even when it's in your department or you might have been the one calling the shots. I just chalk it up to "gamers never get what gamers really want."

So is this EDM version going to be released for PS2 or only the PC and MAC? Seems too soon for another PS2 game.

BTW if anyone wants to see my reviews of those two missing Activision protos you can look here:

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/u...n1/unknown1.htm

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/u...n2/unknown2.htm

I want names! I hate having unknowns in my DB!

Tempest

And for the record, I never blame "you" for anything Sony does or doesn't do, even when it's in your department or you might have been the one calling the shots. I just chalk it up to "gamers never get what gamers really want."

Please feel free to blame me for anything you want Steve :)

Jerry

Archived