IGNORED

Lotharek HxC Rev. F - Trouble when hooking to FDC external connector.

Diecrusher

I recently acquired a HxC rev. F. I am having trouble getting it recognized as DSK3 when hooking it up the the TI FDC edge connector.

In the PEB I already have a TEAC 55B 5.25" floppy configured as DSK1 and a 720K 3.5" floppy configured as DSK2 and they work just fine.

I believe that I have the SD card setup correctly.

The first file copied to the SD card was the config file and I've tried a couple of the pre-configured HxC TI disk images found here on AtariAge.

The HxC seems to be able to select between these images but when trying to catalog the disk with Disk Manager 2 I get error 16.

I've tried flipping the way the cable edge connector is connected to the FDC's external edge connector but the results are the same. There is no twist in the cable.

I've numerous jumper settings set for 1 drive only.

Termination trouble? Firmware issue? Any ideas appreciated!

Edited by Diecrusher

Thanks Greg!

I rechecked the jumpers and it must have not been totally in the right position. I rechecked and all is good now.

One additional question now. Is there anyway to get the Rasmus game compilation to autoboot from DSK3? I've tried OLD DSK3.LOAD and it just crashes back to the TI boot screen..... I am such a noob. :)

• Like 1

Thanks Greg!

I rechecked the jumpers and it must have not been totally in the right position. I rechecked and all is good now.

One additional question now. Is there anyway to get the Rasmus game compilation to autoboot from DSK3? I've tried OLD DSK3.LOAD and it just crashes back to the TI boot screen..... I am such a noob. :)

I'll have to look at the disk you are referring too. But likely the load program is coded in basic to use DSK1 you may be able to edit the program to use DSK3 instead probably just by replacing the number.. Another good way to go would be to load DM2K and just run the programs from there by cataloging dsk3 and selecting the first file for whatever game they are usually like flappyb flappyc flappyd so you'd pick the first one

Greg