IGNORED

Can anyone provide the ISR sound playing routine disassembly

OLD CS1

Can anyone provide, or tell me exactly where I can find, the disassembly of the ISR sound playing routine? I am trying some tricks with sound lists but it seems I am breaking the ISR player in doing so, so the disassembly would be very helpful.

The reason I need to see what the code is doing is because, in theory, I should be able to feed any arbitrary number of bytes per row into the sound list to the same tone or volume registers to do things like sweeps or psuedo-ADSR envelopes. When I test this in Classic 99 I do not get expected results, and I have not been able to get on iron recently so I figure I would just look under the hood.

The reason I need to see what the code is doing is because, in theory, I should be able to feed any arbitrary number of bytes per row into the sound list to the same tone or volume registers to do things like sweeps or psuedo-ADSR envelopes. When I test this in Classic 99 I do not get expected results, and I have not been able to get on iron recently so I figure I would just look under the hood.

You can make one change to frequency/control and volume for each of the 4 channels, - that's a max of 8 soundchip operations per row.

If you make several changes to any of the 8 options in a row, you'll probably only hear the last change (apart from glitches).

Here at my end, playback in Classic99 is a bit erratic. Now and then, and before posting, I test in MESS.

;)

It just dumps the sound bytes, in theory you could send multiple changes in a single frame. I guess if you timed the duration between byte loads you might get some kind of finer control, but then a large gap until the next one? I don't know enough theory to know what that'd sound like.

Classic99 only updates its audio system once per frame, though, so what you're trying for won't work there at the moment. That IS a bug I care about, though. :)