IGNORED

New Dungeons & Dragons movie coming

Rev

I've heard that the second film, Wrath of the Dragon God (a distant sequel with only one character, a villain, returning and a reduced budget) was better than the first, but not by much, while the third film, The Book of Vile Darkness (a sequel in name only, with nobody returning and an even lower budget) was actually decent. Not great, but decent.

So I'm interested to see how this plays out.

This is very, very understated. I got a good laugh out of it - not sure if you were trying to be funny or not, but it made me chuckle.

Yes, just trying to say the most by saying the least, and hoping for a chuckle from those that are familiar with that movie franchise.

I was HIGHLY disappointed in the first one ... the cast seemed decent, but it was nothing but terrible over the top acting. And at the end, the most powerful sorcerer in the world casts this little "demon" thing that climbs on her back? That's all he's got? Ugh ...

I'm a big RPG/D&D fan, so I'd love to see them redeem themselves.

Wouldn't that be "Dungeons & Dragons Film"? Then the home releases would be "Dungeons & Dragons DVD" and "Dungeons & Dragons Blu-Ray" while the digital copy would be called "Dungeons & Dragons Digital Video File".

It would actually be "TSR DUNGEONS & DRAGONS FILM"

Unfortunately I think any D&D movie will be a failure at this point. Outside of the LotR/Hobbit movies, most fantasy films are flops.

I think the Warcraft movie may have some level of success, but I think that will be from the sheer number of people that play Warcraft that do not play D&D.

If the new D&D movie is based in the Forgotten Realms, then maybe the storyline will be a familiar one and may draw more people. But I think it needs to be more of an "epic" story arc that leaves people wanting more.

The issue I have with many of the D&D type of movies, that many of the books don't have, is that they start out "oh, we need to find a thief to join" or "we need a go and find a barbarian type to join us". I hate when they go out to build the classic party of one of each character type.

The first D&D movie I liked how the party members kinda fell together due to circumstances. The dwarf wasn't so bad either.