IGNORED

Top 10 Famicom Games Left in Japan

KWKBOX

I'm just getting into Famicom for the first time, so have nothing new to suggest. I have been looking for a list of Famicom exclusive titles. Thanks for making a very enjoyable video! :thumbsup:

Glad I could help! If you come across some great exclusives I missed let me know.

• Like 1

That is a Great List!

I have some of those games, but not all...Like I have Holy Diver, Recca, Splatterhouse...etc. I haven't played it much but I also enjoy that Star Wars game on Famicom...I don't know if it's the game so much as the license and the wacky way they did it, almost like it's Star Wars characters trapped in a Nintendo game...

That is a Great List!

I have some of those games, but not all...Like I have Holy Diver, Recca, Splatterhouse...etc. I haven't played it much but I also enjoy that Star Wars game on Famicom...I don't know if it's the game so much as the license and the wacky way they did it, almost like it's Star Wars characters trapped in a Nintendo game...

If the list had an 11 Star Wars would of been on there. Next video I do will definitely have a montage of honorable mentions at the end.

• Like 1

Nice video! I've got a modest little Famicom collection, and try to stick to "only Japan-only games" for the most part. I ALWAYS like to suggest TwinBee, which may be cute, but is a great Konami shooter, along with Parodius, for the same reason. (It's CRAZY.) And I'd be remiss if I didn't say that Yume Penguin Monogatari was worth a try... a platform/shooter hybrid about a penguin who is "too fat to love". (What?!?) It's Mrs. Shake's favorite Famicom import.

(And even though it's not as good as the SMS version, the Famicom port of Fantasy Zone is maybe worth mentioning, because it's still fun, and a completely different game than the version Tengen released here in the States.)

• Like 1

Nice video! I've got a modest little Famicom collection, and try to stick to "only Japan-only games" for the most part. I ALWAYS like to suggest TwinBee, which may be cute, but is a great Konami shooter, along with Parodius, for the same reason. (It's CRAZY.) And I'd be remiss if I didn't say that Yume Penguin Monogatari was worth a try... a platform/shooter hybrid about a penguin who is "too fat to love". (What?!?) It's Mrs. Shake's favorite Famicom import.

(And even though it's not as good as the SMS version, the Famicom port of Fantasy Zone is maybe worth mentioning, because it's still fun, and a completely different game than the version Tengen released here in the States.)

I actually considered Yume Penguin but I just could not get into the overweight penguin theme. It definitely would have made the cut if I did a top 15. Twinbee is a fun series but just did not hold up against the other shooters I listed.

Pretty good list!

You got Recca, Kid Dracula, Gradius 2, Holy Diver, Splatterhouse, which are all pretty great games. Most of them will set you back some money now. I'm gonna hunt that Joy Mech Fight. I would almost recommend Parodius over Gradius 2...but it's all pretty good stuff. If you had space for FDS, and are a Mario die hard... All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Final Fantasy III, Lagrange Point or Just Breed. I would also offer Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa, which did appear on cartridge late in the system's lifespan. Esper Dream 2 is a another Konami parody series. The two Fire Emblem games from Nintendo are worth considering. TwinBee 3 and Uchuu Keibitai SDF are good shooters.

• Like 1