IGNORED

Sixer 2600 things fire is always pressed?

-^CrossBow^-

My wife picked up two 2600s yesterday from a garage sale. One of them is a light sixer shell but has h-sixer guts in it. I know this because the switch board doesn't have the channel select on it, but the light sixer case has the opening for channel select. Anyway, the system fires up and will play games and actually looks really good on RF. But, it thinks the player 1 fire button is constantly pressed. I checked the pins on the port and made sure there weren't any shorts that shouldn't be. Everything checked out there. The controller and cable are not the issue as they work just fine on others I use it to test with.

I have changed out the RIOT with another working RIOT I use for testing and no change. So I'm not really sure where else to go next on this. Any hardware gurus more expert than myself ever seen this or have any ideas?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Okay...problem solved. Guess I should just look at the 2600 service manual more often. For those that might be curious it ended up being a faulty 4050. I thought that chip was mainly use for the video side of things alongside the TIA but then I noticed it being referenced as a possible IC to replace for the triggers in the service manual. Changed it out with a donor light sixer board's 4050 and it seems to be working just fine now.

I guess I should start creating a blog for these things or something for easier searching?