IGNORED

Legacy Programs - What you leave behind.

Omega-TI

There have been some awesome TI programmers over these past decades. Sadly, many of these fine programmers are no longer with us, but some of those programs they've left behind gives them a sort of immortality, at least in TI circles, and of course with the Internet their names will live on for uncounted decades to come.

One of the best things (IMHO) to come down the pike in recent times was the XB2.7S cartridge by the late and great Gazoo. I wondered if what he did in his last year was focused due to his health concerns? Did he know it was going to be his legacy to us?

I've been seeing some programs over the last couple of years that are just blowing me away, Rasmus for example with his modern-day games that exceed ANYTHING seen in the old days. Tim and his TIMXT and 9640 Menu System, both top notch, but still works in progress, what will they be like when finally completed?

On the hardware side of things with have builders like Ksarul, designers like Tursi, Jon and many others I've not mentioned. There are even relative newcomers (at least to my attention) that are starting to make some interesting waves in the TI-community like Corey with his fantastic new programs that work with Stuart's totally mind blowing Internet browser and Jedimatt with his new keyboard interface.

These are great times, but as we get older I'm starting to look at things differently. Does impending mortality raise the bar? Is it simply that with age comes greater knowledge and skill that naturally leads to "better stuff"?

This all leads to a couple of questions:

#1 What do you consider some of the greatest works left behind by passed TI'ers? Anything you still use to this day?

#2 What new programs or hardware do you think have the greatest chance of being called "legacy work" that will be remembered for decades to come?

• Like 1

I'm still blown away by the fact we have the awesome new menu driven multicarts. And yes, Rasmus's work is incredible too. Would love to see more events added to his Track and Field game though. The javelin and pole vault were a couple of my favs. :love:

I'm sure Gazoo's EB cart is awesome too, I'm just not that kind of user anymore. Think it's just games and games on cart from here on out.

Am looking forward to the SD flash card project too, easy way to test some of these homebrews and other games that are new to me. :)

I'm still blown away by the fact we have the awesome new...

I hear ya! I thought 2015 was a damn good year for the TI, who ever thought 2016 could be even better? I mean really, The SD cart is awesome, there is the USB keyboard in the works and it looks like a 4 meg SAMS will be released this year as well. We've had some real cool looking games come out as well, then there are things going on behind the scenes... and this year is not even half over yet. :-o