IGNORED

Things found while poking around the Internet -- (TI related)

Omega-TI

"...We no longer believe in the machine, but we want you to..."

I bought my 1st 4A very shortly before TI canned it (considering it's too short run, I guess that really, everyone did), and it DID serve me well for a couple years to come - right up until ALL the local software options dried up and I realized my computer hobby was better served joining my friends with 800XL's (and a couple years later, ST's). Atarisoft was the only 3rd part distributor with any real presence up here, so we didn't have the Funwares, Databiotics, Romox and Navarones to keep it going longer. When the TI-distributed software dried up, most stores just dropped everything nearly overnight.

You would have thought that TI would have offered these folks the addition of a free Speech Synthesizer, or a few free titles from that "substantial software inventory" to sweeten the sour taste of having been awarded a defunct computer as a carpet purchase bonus, but then again, back then a free computer was a free computer...it was still a rare and novel item in most people's homes...

...and they DID get a machine that they could be very well still using as a hobbyist right now, over 30 years later.(the same probably can't be said for the carpeting)

• Like 4