IGNORED

Going price for STe?

If it boots up to the GEM desktop OK and if he can also test the sound with the key clicks it should be OK, he can also try putting a disk and formatting it and see if that works but yeah not very reassuring I suppose.

I've not forgot about you guys, I just have 1 STE to refurb then will take images of the STE's I have here.

I test them with gembench to make sure they are stable, I also have diagnostic carts for testing things. I also do a lot of copying about from floppy to hard drive to make sure the DMA circuit is stable. I don't do a "cheap job" like other sellers.

Edited by exxosuk
  • Like 1

I had a quick look thought my Atari pile. These 5 STEs are what I found.

4 of them I wouldn't say they were perfect, but wouldn't say they are bad either. I have got some STFM cases which are in better condition but not many. They all are a bit mucky which doesn't help. The light is making them look yellow, so I took 3 images of different angles. Likely the STE on its own at the front is the worst looking one. The other 4 are about the same. Keyboard look worse overall, but I probably have better ones on some STFMs I could swap them with. Considering the age of them they are better than a lot I have seen over the years.

post-7597-0-66336600-1462548106_thumb.jpgpost-7597-0-54697200-1462548118_thumb.jpgpost-7597-0-51567900-1462548150_thumb.jpg

HTH's

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Exxosuk - thanks for the info. Not worried about if the case is yellowed (looking to paint mod that) - as long there are no deep gouges or cracks . Would like clear bright keys though. Is it okay for me to PM you (or you PM me) to discuss further - I know you are busy. So drop me a line when you have the time.

Hey Exxosuk - thanks for the info. Not worried about if the case is yellowed (looking to paint mod that) - as long there are no deep gouges or cracks . Would like clear bright keys though. Is it okay for me to PM you (or you PM me) to discuss further - I know you are busy. So drop me a line when you have the time.

I have a lot of keyboards here, so likely a few of them are looking nice. Yeah send me a PM, or email me from my site, email is a bit easier as I don't have to keep switch around a lot of forms to see whats going on :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a very yellowed 1040STE that you might be interested in. I also have another 1040STE in better condition, a 1040 STF that looks even better, and a 520STFM. Shipping to the US is about US$50 for 1 machine. I'm going to test and list these machines soon; feel free to contact me if you want photos etc.