IGNORED

Superman--Sears picture label

dwh

sub game should say "photoshop commander"...lol

maybe it's just scan lines but I see boxes around the atari text at the bottom that are a lighter shade of black than the background label...but I'm not an expert...lol might just be the way it was scanned.

Mock

I went hunting for an image of a picture label Sears Superman with catalog number 99845.  I didn't find one, but I found something even MORE rare... check it out!

:wink:

Pshaw. If you wanted to fool me you should have retyped the title in whatever-the-name-of-the-font-that-isn't-Hammerfat-is.

:P

Mock: You must be using a Mac. I put that little piece of work together on the PC at the office... now, looking at it at home on my iBook, I see the box too. Whoops! Busted!

Xot: Take your pick: 1) I didn't want to really fool you. 2) Didn't have the font on my PC at work. (Actually, both are true.)

Apparently at least half-fooled a few people though... :ponder:

This is great! One of my auctions being hotly debated on AtariAge! Here's what i can tell you all about it.

I have no idea how rare it is.:?

I bought it in a lot of other carts on e-bay. :)

I got the serial # from the text label Superman cart here on Atari Age. 8)

If it is a fake, I'm not the one who faked it. |:)

I listed it a rarity 4 based on the text label Superman cart here on Atari Age. :cool:

I start all my cart only auctions at $1.19. I let the bidders decide how much a cart is worth. ;)

When I saw it was up to $66, I looked like this :o

Why isn't anybody discussing any of my other auctions. :roll:

These Emoticons are realy cool! :D

Can you tell this is the first time I've posted here. :lol:

I'd like to welcome you to Atari Age. I hope you stick around. (You certainly chose a cool screenname).

I don't think anyone thinks that this cart is a fake. It definitely looks like the real deal. I didn't know you had more than one item up. You mean you can post more than one item at a time on Ebay :dunce:

I'm hoping the cart isn't a :ahoy: (j/k) :D

I got the serial # from the text label Superman cart here on Atari Age.  

I listed it a rarity 4 based on the text label Superman cart here on Atari Age.

That's the tale of the tape right there...lol

Welcome to AA dude! You came in with a bang! :D

Mock

It seems as if I'm late to the party again ... :(

Anyway, I've got to tell you that in Eastern PA it took me one hell of a lot of time to find any Superman picture cart in any condition. It's not exactly like I was being overwhelmed with text label ones, either. I wouldn't classify myself as a Superman collector but I am a Superman fan so I do keep half an eye out for any kind of Superman junk as it is. The stuff never sits around long, either. What I think we have here, in general, is a major cross-collectable. There are surely thousands of Superman collectors around who have no other Atari related stuff except for copies of this game. A picture label to these folks would be much more highly desired than a text one, to boot. Thus, they are much harder to find than your average rarity2.gif or rarity4.gif rated rarity. Add to that a Sears picture label variation that most of us have never even heard of and you end up with an incredibility HTF cart (and most likely a major rarity as well). Just my two cents.

so after reading all these posts is this cart all that rare??

There can be no doubt the picture label variation of the Sears Superman cartridge is rare. Exactly how rare it is cannot be accurately determined at this time. If you're obsessed with rarity numbers (and who here among us is not?), I'll be the first to stick my neck out and give the cartridge a preliminary AtariAge rarity rating. Before I do, I'd like to make it clear that my assessment is only a quasi-educated guess. By no means do I pretend it carries the weight of the other, well-established AtariAge rarity numbers. I do this strictly for sport. Please, no wagering.

I give the cartridge a 6 (Rare+) on the AtariAge scale of 1 to 10, with a margin of error of plus or minus 1.

Ben

I'm no expert, but there appears to be a lot of serious collectors reading this thread and none of them even knew it existed. Even AA doesn't list it.

I would think it is likely to be very rare maybe even a 8 or a 9. If it were only a 6 then a lot of us would have one. At least someone should have one.

That's what I'm feeling about this, but like I said, I'm no expert.

I doubt it would be this expensive otherweise, someone must know what the're bidding on, because that is a lot of money for a rarity 4. Bit of a bargain if it was a 10 though :twisted:

I'd like to throw my support over to Pitfall Harry's assessment of rarity for the following reasons: Even though AA does not list this cart, it's entirely possible that many collectors have passed over this cart in the past thinking it was just an Atari picture label cart. There may be plenty more floating around out there.

I have seen them before, just never knew it was thought to be rare? I'll bet some will come out of the woodwork after this though...I'd say re-visit the subject in a couple of months before you pass final rarity judgement.

Did the Atari version come in yellow ? I know I've seen yellow supermans before...

Mock

ok then, HERE is a cart not listed on AA:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...1&category=3528

I even checked the PAL ones, and this one comes with a box+inst. :)

I sense you were on a mission of some sort. ;)

The 8-in-1 Supervision cart you've found on eBay presently is not in the AA database.

Mission accomplished!

Ben

Archived