IGNORED

Odyssey 2 Question

Krytol

I'm a proud new owner of an Odyssey 2, but I don't know very much about them. When the unit is turned on without a cart, what is that stuff I see on the screen? It looks like a game, but it's a little different each time I turn it on. :?:

I don't know only because I've never turned on my O2 without a cart. And as far as I know, that's a not a good thing to do with the O2. I'm not going to try myself. :D

I wasn't aware that there was any built-in game with the system. But if someone knows what's going on, I'm interested.

Actually it came with Speedway/Spinout/Crypto-Logic and Blackjack with boxes and manuals. It also came with a manual for the console.

I also found a Quest for the Rings cart at a thrift, but unfortunately nothing else was in the box. :(

Mine does stuff like that too... although I usually only get letters and garbage sprites without any of the big squares. There's definitely no game in there though, it's just random junk that the O2 displays because it gets confused without a cartridge.

I don't think it damages anything though... heck, I usually intentionally turn it on without a cartridge to make sure it's hooked up properly. It's annoying when systems won't even turn on without something in them.

One thing about this that I don't like though, is that if you got the system without a game, and you saw that, you might think that the system is broken. I remember my friend got one, and we were a little worried at first (although since he paid $3 for it, it wasn't that much worry)

--Zero

Archived