IGNORED

WebMail on the TI:

ElectricLab

For anyone interested in Stuart's Browser Project and web-apps, I have created a web-based email system that you can use to send and receive email right from your TI console.

I am still working on getting some issues sorted out with being able to send mail reliably to some external mail providers. Most companies have serious anti-spam measures in place, and I think in addition to a reverse-DNS entry, I might need to learn more about DKIM and other fun topics. For the time being, emailing locally on the system between myTI99 accounts works perfectly.

If you sign up on myti99.com, then your email address is yourScreenname@myti99.com and with the browser, you can compose and read email. If you create a new account, please note that it takes up to a minute to have your account completely provisioned (a background process that does this is kicked off via CRON every minute)

Please send me any feedback/bug reports/issues and I'll sort them out.

My TI email is: electric@myti99.com if anyone wants to drop me a note.

Thanks,

Corey.

Edited by ElectricLab
  • Like 4

This Email from TI'er to TI'er via the TI is pretty freaking slick. Being able to do more in the modern world/era with the TI is just so cool.

The chat feature is pretty damn nice too. I can have the TI running while I'm on Atari Age or doing other things on the PC, and then when someone leaves a message the audible tone gets my attention. On top of that, we have the interactive online Chess game too! I'm telling ya folks, Corey's awesome new goodies combined with Stuart's browser is where it's at! :thumbsup: Who wooda thunk it a couple of years ago? :-D

Corey, I have one little suggestion... besides having the Chess program send an email to external Email accounts, could you also send a duplicate Email to the myti99.com address as well?

Now always looking forward, if we ever get download capability with the browser, many people will be able to totally remove the PC from the equation when it comes to acquiring new TI programs.

My TI email is: omega@myti99.com

Edited by --- Ω ---

This Email from TI'er to TI'er via the TI is pretty freaking slick. Being able to do more in the modern world/era with the TI is just so cool.

The chat feature is pretty damn nice too. I can have the TI running while I'm on Atari Age or doing other things on the PC, and then when someone leaves a message the audible tone gets my attention. On top of that, we have the interactive online Chess game too! I'm telling ya folks, Corey's awesome new goodies combined with Stuart's browser is where it's at! :thumbsup: Who wooda thunk it a couple of years ago? :-D

Corey, I have one little suggestion... besides having the Chess program send an email to external Email accounts, could you also send a duplicate Email to the myti99.com address as well?

Now always looking forward, if we ever get download capability with the browser, many people will be able to totally remove the PC from the equation when it comes to acquiring new TI programs.

My TI email is: omega@ti99.com

EDIT^^^ your email is actually: omega@myti99.com I would have loved to get ti99.com, but had to settle for myti99.com :)

• Like 1

I think this is where keeping the tigameshelf.net site very simple will pay off. It's very basic HTML accessible by practically any browser out there, old or new. If we do eventually get download capability, the site might be a good place to test it out.

• Like 1

Wonder if we could have people's names in an online address book, to save having to remember and type them? Maybe a sign-up option if people want to be 'ex-directory'?

Stuart.

Maybe something like http://99ers.myti99.com or so ? ( <- this is no real link :) )

maybe possible to be somehow auto-generated from the webpage ?

(if the user "allows" it)

• Like 1