IGNORED

WIP Frake of Bemer

Dmitry

This is a bug fix.

If you downloaded the previous version, no need to download again, as I haven't added any features.

I had some bugs in the joystick routine - those have been fixed. While I said on next build I would fully try out the new enhanced responsiveness routines - this doesn't have that. However, it is more responsive...but it's not the full changes I plan.

Also, makes a little annoying sound when you collect a mushroom now. Also, slowed it down, and changed the scoring routine in line with the original Nerm, scoring, yes 107 points per mushroom,as the original did on the first level.

It might look like I fixed some other bugs, but the rest disappeared on their own....apparently were related to running the snake at full speed somehow...who knows.

And, although it's of no use to anyone playing the game at all, I changed the delay routines once again. They are still jiffy based, but no longer load a #0 into the jiffy register.

Now, it counts jiffies without modifying the register at all.

However - as I was reading about something else, I discovered there are other countdown registers I could modify for game use - so I may rewrite that routine yet again.

However, in the end, for Frake, I will not have delay loops at all. I will use count down registers simply to play sounds in the VBI - or to advance the snake at regular intervals per the current speed setting - without ever actually putting the game loop into a delay.

The code is steadily getting slightly sophisticated and also at the same time is ugly ....nasty spaghetti code, at the moment.

OK.....this is level 1 only. It is bug fixed enough that I will probably throw in all 10 levels as one of the next steps.

snake.xex

• Like 1

• 3 years later...