IGNORED

The Book of Rarity

MegaManFan

Chalk this one up to Friday afternoon boredom. The only valuable cart I did not display is Tooth Protectors, because it's too small and slips out of the notches. Glib is too, but it's just close enough that if I put it in a plastic bag first I can get it to stay. Also the Quadrun pictured is a repro and not an original, but it's "bookmarking" where T.P. should have been.

Behold, The Book of Rarity

The Leaf Leaf

The Right Leaf

Including the reproduction, that's almost $600 worth of purchases in one book. At this point I'm not sure if I should be proud, or embarrased. Good grief that's a wad of dough for just 8 games! I completed my entire 7800 collection for half as much. :( And actually I just realized it gets worse - if you add T.P. to the total that's $725. Eek!

I've got three of those waterworld-$77.00  rubiks cube-$66.00 and video cube-$31.00 so id guess it would be that much when get up to 8 carts like that.  :ponder:

Fairly comparable I guess. My Waterworld was closer to $100, but my Rubik's Cube was only $50.

lets see, my totals:

first page: top, $1, $56, bottom, $30, $15

next page: top, dont have, $28, bottom, dont have, $.14c (mines real.)

of course im missing the bears and glib,

but my total is $130.14

But I could insert NTSC obleix ($.50c) where u have bears, and

q*bert's qubes ($1) where you have glib to raise the total to : $131.64...

hahahaaa :-) don't hate me cause im a patient cheap bastard! I spent a ton of dosh on what turned out to be a fake best repro proto of quadrun.

The $15 waterworld was bought new at service merchandise back in the day. all the other tiny amounts were thrift/flea market and the ones for $30+ etc were ebay.

*starts shouting* 20 on MMF, 20 on MMF, straight up any takers??? :P  :P

BTw nice colection as well `zilla  :wink:

Jealous as I am I have to agree, and to commend you on thriftiness (and a little good luck) as well. I guess when it comes to my purchases I always look at the upside - if I ever find one of them in the wild I can always sell it to recoup the cost, and if not at least I'm happy to have the game anyway. :D

I remember using those labels when I got mine back in the day.  Sadly both the label sets and the folios themselves long ago found their permanent home in a landfill somewhere in southern Minnesota.

That's a sad end to such great storage books. I guarantee you that mine will end up nowhere near any landfill, at least not over my dead body! :D

By the time mine got there, the labels had peeled off, leaving gummy residue, the pockets for the instruction manuals had gotten stretched out of shape like a deflated balloon, there was a significant amount of permanent marker writing all over them, and the edges, of course, had torn so severely as to expose the hard cardboard interior of the binding.

Remind me to kill you sometime, just on general principle. ;)

Being able to kill Godkilla - priceless (mimicing those VISA card commercials).

Ahem, Mastercard  :P  :P   :roll:

You'd be hard-pressed to know the difference in some cases. I had a Visa from one company and all of a sudden I got their card in the mail, except it said Mastercard, with a notice they were discontinuing Visa effective immediately. I pay no annual fee on either one, so I'm like - the hell do I care? If you don't change my rates or credit line, call it Diner's Club for all I care!

Remind me to kill you sometime, just on general principle. ;)

Being able to kill Godkilla - priceless (mimicing those VISA card commercials).

jealousy leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side,

beware young padawan. :-)

I'm sort of with Godzilla on this one, but not QUITE as thrifty. I could have almost the same book, with Tooth Protectors replacing Berenstain Bears, and Q-Bert's Qubes replacing Smurf, and get the following:

Atari Video Cube: $1

Crazy Climber: $0 (trade)

Rubik's Cube: $3

Swordquest Waterworld: $29.95 (bought in 1984)

Tooth Protectors: $125

Q-Bert's Qubes: $100

Glib: $125

Quadrum: $29.95 (bought in 1984)

Total: $414.

Mmmm... maybe I shouldn't have totaled that. Did fine on the left side of the book, but I forgot about my "I haven't found any rare carts in years and I'll pay any price to get some" phase for the right side of the book!

Archived