IGNORED

Compiled basic/Xbasic/etc games compilation

When you use IF/THEN/ELSE with the compiler think TI BASIC. When you're used to XB that can be a pain but it is workable with a little patience.

The HWCOMPILER that jedimatt uses is the earlier TI BASIC compiler. It does not have most of the goodies you would find in XB, but it is quite a bit lighter weight and if all you want to compile is TI BASIC then it will work fine. For a more advanced compiler download Extended BASIC Game Developer's Package. This is a two pronged approach: COMPILER256 can handle sprites, display at, accept at, disk access and more plus it can compile all the additional assembly subprograms offered by XB256. XB256 adds a lot of advanced graphics to XB plus the ability to play soundlists out of XB. Both programs are stand alone utilities in that you can use either one by itself, but the fun really starts when you use XB256 to develop programs and then run them through the compiler.

Oops, I didn't realize there was a difference between the hwcompiler.zip and the xb256 set. I actually used the tools bundled with classic99, or an update to them, which say they are version 2.56C of the xb compiler. I didn't scroll far enough on dev resources page, I should have linked to this: http://www.retroclouds.de/atariage/compilers/XB_Game_Developers_Package_12-23-14.zip

-M@

• Like 2