IGNORED

What do I need to make Repro Cartridges?

TheVgaTv

First off forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.

So if I wanted to make my own carts (like make my own repro of a prototype) what equipment/software do I need and how do I go about doing that? Is there a guide online, website, etc?

Also, is there a good place to get custom stickers made for the carts?

I have boards for Atari. Albert has them (Albert can do labels and shells, too). I'm sure others do, too. Mine are re-programmable, using an EPROM programmer.

As for labels for the carts, personally, I just go to my local printer and select the label material I want.

I have boards for Atari. Albert has them (Albert can do labels and shells, too). I'm sure others do, too. Mine are re-programmable, using an EPROM programmer.

As for labels for the carts, personally, I just go to my local printer and select the label material I want.

So is there a specific EPROM programmer that stands above the others? Also when it comes to the boards, are those you need to get fresh or can something like a Combat board be wiped and a new game put on? And what kind of software do you need to be able to do this? I'm totally new to this and am curious about the process and what all is involved.

If you buy a new board (wherever you get it), you'll need an EPROM programmer and may need to do assembly (soldering). If you re-use a board, you'll need to remove the memory chip from the board, re-install a programmed EPROM (using EPROM programmer), and add some form of inverter for the chip select line of the EPROM. Others will know better, but the re-use option only works for 2K and 4K games, otherwise additional circuitry would be required, besides just an inverter.