IGNORED

What was your first game?

Clock

This is to all those who started late, as most would say Combat otherwise.

What was your first game in your collection?

Mine is Real Sports Soccer. I got it before the console.

and this is my 100th post so I'm gonna have a private party :party:

Target Fun/Air-Sea-Battle. We bought a Sears machine. Probably the first non-pack-in game we bought was Ice Hockey, because my dad loves hockey and before we even owned an Atari I remember him playing this at other people's houses. But I was only four or five when we bought the Atari so I don't know for sure.

King Kong-I'm no longer in possession of. Like a dipshit, when Nintendo came out, I got rid of it. I still wish I could get a copy. Been a thrift store dream to come accross. I am one of the few collectors in my area but have a hard time coming up with something I don't already have! :roll:

post-2800-1051374198.gif

and this is my 100th post so I'm gonna have a private party :party:

Hopefully with the lady in your avatar. Rowr! :love:

Seriously though, I can't even begin to fathom an answer, mostly because when I got engaged to my wife her Atari and about 30 games came with her - quite frankly since they all arrived at once I can't call any of them "first." Confounding the matter further is the fact that a close friend of mine gave me a plastic bag full of his games since he no longer had an Atari on, so those 30 got mixed in with another 15-25 (what's even more remarkable at this point is that there were no duplicates, not even a Combat, and I ended up with a Track & Field to boot from his stash). The only way I could really answer this question is if you asked me what the first one was I ever PLAYED. That's easy - I played Pac-Man on a Sears Tele-Games in store demo unit.

For me it was *gulp* Airlock. I had played a lot of Atari at friend's houses, and for some reason that game really stuck on me. I think that it was because I could easily win it, so it was an easy sense of accomplishment.

When I got the Atari, it came with Combat of course, but I had bought Airlock a week before since I knew the 2600 was coming. I think that it was a really weird price at Toys R Us, like $7.40 or something like that.

The first game I played, that I remembered clearly was a Pong machine. I think it was actually a coleco rather than an Atari Pong Machine.

But since this is for the 2600, I'll say the first game I played on it was Combat in christmass of 77. Being poor we didn't get many games, most of the original releases, but Combat was my favorite. The first game I bought for it was Pac-Man. Sure, it's not like the arcade, but it was pac-mann enougy for me back in the day.

I got several games on the day I got my 2600, but sadly I must admit, Pac-Man was the first game I owned, because it had just come out, and the first place we went (Kay-Bee) was out-of-stock on the consoles, so we just picked up Pac-Man there and went to Kmart for the console and the rest. In retrospect it was stupid to pick up Pac-Man at Kay-Bee, because of course they had it at Kmart and it was about $5 cheaper. But we were afraid it might be sold out there, being such a hot item as it was.

The other games I got that day were:

Asteroids

Bowling

Breakout

Combat (of course)

Home Run

I'm glad it was just my dad and me on that trip... I certainly wouldn't have gotten so many games if my mom was along! ($$$)

I also got Air-Sea Battle and Indy 500 shortly thereafter, but I don't think I had them right away.

I can't believe I remember all of this so well, 21 years later!

Archived