IGNORED

Any original 125 games break if ECS is connected?

Wait a minute...you actually play games that you hoard?

Believe it or not! :) I was just playing D2K SE a couple of days ago and last night I played a bit of Old School. I wish I had more time to play than I do. Cool thing is now my son wants to play Inty with me as well.

• Like 1

Weird. It never occurs to me to unplug the ECS.

I kinda assumed that the vast majority of people who buy homebrew would have one, because a) we're not exactly the casual market, and b) we pay hundreds of dollars for cardboard. A working, adds-functionality piece of electronics is surely worth collecting :P

You guys will want to break out the ECS more often - I think a lot of future homebrew will be taking advantage of the extra sound channels.

• Like 1

"the future of homebrew" - well said.

I kinda assumed that the vast majority of people who buy homebrew would have one, because a) we're not exactly the casual market, and b) we pay hundreds of dollars for cardboard. A working, adds-functionality piece of electronics is surely worth collecting :P

You guys will want to break out the ECS more often - I think a lot of future homebrew will be taking advantage of the extra sound channels.

When I got my ECS as a kid, I never left it *permanently* connected.

Even these days, even if I found my power adapter for it, I don't think I'd leave it plugged in all the time.

I'd certainly like to see more releases that utilized it. That'll force me to either locate my power adapter for it, or procure a replacement

• Like 1