IGNORED

Sega Joypad Adapter for the Coco now for sale

AtariLeaf

For those of you who didn't make it to the recent Cocofest or haven't heard of this item, it is worth checking out. It is a Sega Genesis to Tandy Coco joystick adapter. Now you can use a Genesis pad or any regular 9 pin Atari style joystick on a coco. If you use a Genesis pad it does support for two buttons so you can play games like Rampage that use two buttons. This is a great alternative to the stock coco sticks. I just ordered one and recommend other coco gamers do the same.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/permalink/10154171148002641/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My adapter came in today and I must say that I'm impressed. I'm new to the Color Computer world and didn't have any joysticks for it (because I'm picky). I did have several brand new old stock SEGA Genesis controllers though.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have one of these and they're great.

There were about three different companies (including Wico) back in the day that made these:

https://archive.org/stream/rainbowmagazine-1983-08/The_Rainbow_Magazine_08_1983#page/n159/mode/2up

I'm hoping for two things:

1) something just like what's shown in the link above (super simple since one fire button is enough for 99(% of CoCo 1 and 2 games).

2) And something a bit fancier (same thing but both a 9-pin D-shell and a DIN on each port; 4 ports total). That way there'd be no more plugging and unplugging of the adapter when you want to switch from analog to digital controls.