IGNORED

RXB2011/REAQ2012

atrax27407

I posted a message on the RXB thread about a year ago explaining that RXB2015E generates a syntax error message when it first boots. I suspect that it has issues with the GROM0 that I am using in my HSGPL Card. It also causes strange behavior with the "query" program with syntax errors and other strange behavior. For example the latest is that it showed an AMS Card with 1152K of memory - not possible and then exited with a "No AMS found" error. Since the "query" program tests a series of specific memory locations in the SAMSwith LOADS and PEEKS and doesn't actually test the integrity of the card, it is not necessary for me to use it. The last stable version that I had was RXB2011/REA2012 but I can't find my copy of it to re-install in my HSGPL Card. I will have to do without until I find a copy - the version that boots the menu.

I posted a message on the RXB thread about a year ago explaining that RXB2015E generates a syntax error message when it first boots. I suspect that it has issues with the GROM0 that I am using in my HSGPL Card. It also causes strange behavior with the "query" program with syntax errors and other strange behavior. For example the latest is that it showed an AMS Card with 1152K of memory - not possible and then exited with a "No AMS found" error. Since the "query" program tests a series of specific memory locations in the SAMSwith LOADS and PEEKS and doesn't actually test the integrity of the card, it is not necessary for me to use it. The last stable version that I had was RXB2011/REA2012 but I can't find my copy of it to re-install in my HSGPL Card. I will have to do without until I find a copy - the version that boots the menu.

Here's what I did (since i can't find my copy) load classic99, load that version, load csave..copy files that are saved.

That doesn't work. The version in Classic99 is 2015E. I'll have to check some of the older versions of Classic99 and see if RXB2011/REA2012 is available in one of then.

If you find the zip for the older ver of rxb on ftp.whtech.com it should have the classi99 files in it..

Greg

This is odd as some people are using RXB with the HSGPL card including GAZOO was using it. He was running RXB 2012 / REA 2011 (by they way you have the dates backwards)

Obviously either your HSGPL card or something you have loaded is an issue. I suspect the version of RXB loaded is corrupted.

The RXB 2015 E version has a folder called RXB GRAM that has all the GRAM files and ROM files for running on a PGRAM, GRAMULATOR, GRAMKRACKER or HSGPL cards.

Rich_Gilbertson.zip

• Like 1

Rich,

I just downloaded and installed the files from your last message. Same result - "syntax error message" at boot. Can you upload a copy of RXB2012/REA2011 if you have it. All I need is the GRAM files.

OK made them but never did this before as no one ever asked before:

RXB 2012 GRAM&ROM.zip

• Like 2

Muchas gracias, Rich. That did the trick. I have the files copied in several places for the future. At least on my system, the "syntax error" message and strange behavior appeared when the "No Menu" files were created. RXB2015E works fine with Classic99 but when Mark Wills and I were thrashing TurboForth we found that Classic99 was not the same as real iron. Some things that worked in Classic99 crashed real gear.

• Like 1

Muchas gracias, Rich. That did the trick. I have the files copied in several places for the future. At least on my system, the "syntax error" message and strange behavior appeared when the "No Menu" files were created. RXB2015E works fine with Classic99 but when Mark Wills and I were thrashing TurboForth we found that Classic99 was not the same as real iron. Some things that worked in Classic99 crashed real gear.

Yea the NO MENU was a bad idea from the start which is why I was so resistant to it.

I mean with the RXB menu you only have to press one key not to do the AUTO ALL DISK SEARCH FOR XB LOAD PROGRAM.

How freaking hard is it to press the Spacebar after you already pressed a key for XB?

Is that really that much effort?

I do have the only XB with that feature and that might have been the protest. The difference in speed of LOAD was only 2 seconds difference in delay.

Did Gazoo get the chance to try 2015E and give you some feedback before his untimely demise?

Yea he did. And he did make a couple of carts I think.

From his input i streamlined the boot process and menu.

Ran into something very interesting with RXB on REAL IRON and PC99 on a IBM PC (386 Intel ) running Windows 95.

I hooked up a RS232 Cable between them and was using PC99 RSECTOR and WSECTOR to transfer files.

It occurred to me to use PC99 on the PC talking to the TI99/4A and RXB 2012 to interface one system to VIRTUALLY run CALL USER("RS232")

What happens is anything you type into the host system via RS232 would tell the slave system to do.

LOL a Virtual PC TI99/4A version of interface the two computers.

I will have to make a video demo. This would be a hoot to watch one TI99/4A control another TI99/4A via RS232 as the link.

Example:

Slave system

CALL USER("RS232")

Host Master System

OPEN #1:"RS232",OUTPUT

PRINT #1:"CALL CAT(1)"&CHR$13) ! ENTER KEY

Slave system

Displays catalog of Disk Drive one on screen.

Edited by RXB
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Only if you were using the Classic99 DSR. ;) If you are testing disk things you should test with the TI DSR as well.

Only if you were using the Classic99 DSR. ;) If you are testing disk things you should test with the TI DSR as well.

Ok I am confused are you saying Classic99 can use a RS232 from a PC to a real TI with RS232?