IGNORED

Please Help Me With This Atari 2600 NTSC Game List

Random Terrain

• 1 month later...

Leaving Atari at the top, I decided to put the other companies in alphabetical order to make it easier for me find company names when I need to add links. I didn't feel like renumbering over 300 games again by hand, so I went Googling to see if there was a way to have the numbers automatically displayed using CSS. There was, so I went Googling to find some weird regular expression stuff so I could change 418 lines in a couple of seconds. I found that too:

Find:
<p>[0-9]*\.\ (.*)</p>

Replace:
<dt>$1</dt>

Question:

Does the page display numbers next to the game titles using your favorite browser, smartphone, tablet, or electronic potato?

randomterrain.com/rt-atari-2600-game-list.html

The first game in the list should have 1 to the left of it and the last game in the list should have 418 to the left of it. It should look like this:

post-13-0-63999700-1468495917.png

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I have 237 entries for games released in 1982 and 1983:

randomterrain.com/rt-atari-2600-game-list.html

Time to start working on the other years now.

Did you ever see the thread with all the Activision release dates done by somebody from Activision? I believe they were gathering information for one of those Activision Anthology releases.

Did you ever see the thread with all the Activision release dates done by somebody from Activision? I believe they were gathering information for one of those Activision Anthology releases.

I don't remember. If he had months for the games released before 1982, that would be useful.

I don't remember. If he had months for the games released before 1982, that would be useful.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/14657-original-activision-release-dates/

There were some typos in the first post that are corrected later on in the thread.

Some of your dates match up with his, but some do not. Pitfall! has a six month discrepancy.

Edited by jeremiahjt

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/14657-original-activision-release-dates/

There were some typos in the first post that are corrected later on in the thread.

Some of your dates match up with his, but some do not. Pitfall! has a six month discrepancy.

Thanks. His date for Pitfall! was waaaaaaaaay off. I hope his other dates aren't as screwed up. I got to play the game when it was brand spanking new at a semi-rich kid's house and that was in September of 1982. My own experience also matches the info from Activision:

atariage.com/magazines/magazine_page.html?MagazineID=21&CurrentPage=1

atariage.com/catalog_page.html?CatalogID=5&currentPage=3

Damn, he also had the wrong date for Dolphin. It was released in April or May of 1983, not December of 1983.

Which direction are you going to go, 1981 or 1984?

I started working on 1984 today. 1981 will be next. The years before 1981 will probably be after that. Then I can work on 1985 through the early 1990s. Some of those years will be pretty barren.