IGNORED

I need help with ( hopefully ) 7800 Prototype Games

Paul Westphal

OK. I have this 7800 chip reader, and on the pokey it says 7800 tester 87. I used my Atarimax maxflash programmer + 7800 dumping adaptor, and created 5 " 64k super game " .BIN files. Can someone look into them and tell me what they might be? They do not execute on a real 7800, but in the code, there might be some text giving a clue to what they are. I realize the chips might be bad or the reader is the wrong kind. Two of them tried to execute, but were garbled. BOB D., Do you want to take a look? Let me know what you find. Thanks!

78Proto#1.bin

78Proto#2.bin

78Proto#3.bin

78Proto#4.bin

78Proto#5.bin

78Proto#2.bin

Edited by Paul Westphal

Is there a part number on the windowless chip? Judging from the repeating Ballblazer data, it seems your cart adapter isn't getting the job done. I doubt that is how the chip was programmed. I suggest finding someone with a programmer who can dump those EPROM's for you. I have one if you want to ship them to Illinois.

It's been rubbed off.

It looks like #3 is not an EPROM at all, the other ones are 27C256's (32K). EDIT: Which also explains why you were able to read data, it probably is just a Ballblazer ROM, that was dumped incorrectly.

Oh, and don't buy something like a super common TTL chip, like a 74LS04 from Best, you can buy those for cents on ebay.

• Like 1

It would be nice to discover someone else was working on that game.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/208533-alas-it-looks-like-gauntlet-does-not-exist/

Anything's possible. Up until 2 years ago, we didn't even know someone had done Paperboy for the 7800.

It could be Electrocop, Demolition Derby, Elevator Action, Track & Field, MIDI Maze, Moon Patrol, or possibly a copy of something that's already out there. Fingers crossed it's something that hasn't been found already and it can be fully retrieved.

Edited by Lynxpro

Anything's possible. Up until 2 years ago, we didn't even know someone had done Paperboy for the 7800.

It could be Electrocop, Demolition Derby, Elevator Action, Track & Field, MIDI Maze, Moon Patrol, or possibly a copy of something that's already out there. Fingers crossed it's something that hasn't been found already and it can be fully retrieved.

Ya - I think newer versions of prototypes already known are possible too. Rampart comes to mind where there's allegedly a newer version than the basic game out there.

Skyfox is another I hope turns up one of these days.

Ya - I think newer versions of prototypes already known are possible too. Rampart comes to mind where there's allegedly a newer version than the basic game out there.

Skyfox is another I hope turns up one of these days.

True. It could also be the AtariLab ROMs but Curt and Dan Kramer have copies of them already.

• Like 1