IGNORED

TI-99/8 on eBay!

Airshack

I put pretty much all of the system documentation (including the schematics for both motherboard variants) up on the WHTech site a number of years ago. That includes the internal logic diagrams for four out of the five special purpose chips designed for the /8. On the one that is missing the internals, there is enough data up there that it could probably also be reconstituted.

Oh good lord. Time to sell that kidney.

Would love to see some 99/8's made like the C64 Reloaded project.

The C64 and Amiga Reloaded projects both rely on exiting chips -- 6526, 6581, 8580, PLA, VIC-II, etc (though you can by a modern PLA replacement,) and associated custom Amiga chips. The problem with doing a 99/8 Reloaded would be the availability of "real" 99/8 chips. I think we would be more likely to see something like a multi-FPGA implementation of the 99/8 along the line of the Minimig.

Still a cool idea :)

• Like 1

Actually, I have two. . .along with a handful of motherboards and other spare parts. I also put all of the technical documentation for these systems up on WHT a few years ago (after sifting through the documentation collections of three of the original engineers to see if a complete set of the specifications survived--only a few documents are missing from that collection).