IGNORED

Anywhere but eBay: Swap Meets?

Airshack

Years ago i was able to pick up used computer parts -every month- at the Dallas Texas "First Saturday" computer swap meet. I remember seeing plenty of TI equipment there in the late 80s.

Currently everyone seems to be using eBay to find lost TI treasure.

Are the TI troops aware of any other major computer swap meets in the US?

I'd appreciate any tips you may have.

I don't think there's another 4A enthusiast within 400 km of me up here in Toronto, and likely only a handful of others throughout the country. I see lots of Atari and Commodore stuff at flea markets, but never see TI stuff.

I'd love to attend a local TI swap meet, but I've always found that swap meets are much more fun if you have someone to swap with, and I'd probably be the only attendee! (although in that case I wouldn't have to actually give up anything I might trade with myself)

700 km and an international border crossing still isn't quite local enough to be practical.

Living in the 4th most populated Metropolitan area in North America, you'd think that there would be something a little closer that wouldn't require a passport/visa - not to mention a 0.70 % exchange rate!

Edited by PeBo

I don't think there's another 4A enthusiast within 400 km of me up here in Toronto, and likely only a handful of others throughout the country. I see lots of Atari and Commodore stuff at flea markets, but never see TI stuff.

I'd love to attend a local TI swap meet, but I've always found that swap meets are much more fun if you have someone to swap with, and I'd probably be the only attendee! (although in that case I wouldn't have to actually give up anything I might trade with myself)

I'm in Ottawa, so that about 450 km. And I feel your pain.

I'm in Ottawa, so that about 450 km. And I feel your pain.

Funny that... I used Ottawa as my "400 km" cut off marker in the example.

I've bought a few items from a guy in your neck of the woods, so I knew there was at least one kindred spirit there. Was lucky enough to get my PEB from there, so even shipping was affordable. Came with a dead 32k card, but that was easily replaced, and the box with shipping, cable, 2 drives, stock controller, RS232 and dead 32k came to just over $150 Canadian, so I had nothing to complain about (one of Zach's empty boxes is well over $300 with shipping to Toronto!)

Anyway, nice to know I'm not the only Ontario 4A hobbyist!

I grew up in the Battle Creek Michigan area and only recently move out of the state. I've been to Toronto many times (about a 5 hour drive), and there are quite a few collectors in the Michigan, Ohio, Indiana region. There is also a nice retro computer museum in London Canada, which is not too far from Toronto.