IGNORED

Jaguar multcart on ebay?

7800JAGFAN

I see three up for sale, all by kevincal, a seller and former forum member who is notorious for jacking up prices of Jag items. I'm sure the creators of BS would be happy to see that. Best to avoid so as not to give that scum any more power in raising Jag items to ridiculous prices.

• Like 9

Well, I was one of the people who bid on the last battlesphere, at $500 dollars I thought I might have a chance, boy was I wrong. $295 for a fake/clone is overpriced, but I just want to play the game. Also wondered how this is possible? as I have looked into finding "reproductions" of this game with no luck-ever. Also I thought scatalogic didnt have the "needed materials" to make more, how is this guy making these? again Im am a collector and not supportive of pirated games, but with Battlesphere it seems something like this may be the only way to ever see the game.

Well, I was one of the people who bid on the last battlesphere, at $500 dollars I thought I might have a chance, boy was I wrong. $295 for a fake/clone is overpriced, but I just want to play the game. Also wondered how this is possible? as I have looked into finding "reproductions" of this game with no luck-ever. Also I thought scatalogic didnt have the "needed materials" to make more, how is this guy making these? again Im am a collector and not supportive of pirated games, but with Battlesphere it seems something like this may be the only way to ever see the game.

I think the "we can't get the parts anymore" argument was bunk. More of the Battlesphere lore and legend.

The BSG ROM can be burned to a pair of 27C160 EPROMs which are easily available. The 93C86 SRAM chip seems to work just fine for BS save game/settings. Even in 2002/03 I find it hard to believe those parts were hard to source. Perhaps I am wrong. As for the Scatbox I have no idea. You don't need it to play BS in single player mode.

The multicart caught my eye too. $295 for four games, two are hard to get. NBA Jam doesn't seem rare to me. I don't know about Total Carnage. Is it rare?

My recollection of these multi-carts, which I think were made by Retrokidz, was that the save-game function didn't work very well. I am guessing it wouldn't work at all for Battlesphere which needs the larger SRAM.

Also the "Today Only" "Then I will end the listing. I need the quick sale because I need to pay for an expensive item" is code for he doesn't want the 4Play guys contacting Ebay and demanding the auction be stopped. I'm told they are still quick to take action against people trying to sell duplicates, although I have seen reproduction Battlesphere Gold reproduction carts for sale on other sites for much less than what kevincal is demanding.

Hopefully the Jag SD cartridge will put a stop to this nonsense for good.

the 4 games on the cart are all $75 and up, so for someone who just wants to play the games its not a bad deal, I have them all except the elusive Battlesphere. I thought about that only today until 8pm which has passed too, I just dont understand why the original authors of this game want to keep it so rare, it looks like a great game and its a shame more people can not buy it. I have 3 games I bought from B&C for $100+ each, I'm sure Battleshpere would sell like crazy to all Jaguar owners/collectors. but after some research that this topic has been brought up before and the authors have no interested in making anymore, because of this, in the near future I will cave in and buy a copy/clone if I have to, again I dont like to support piracy, but I dont have much of a choice, unless I get a spare $1500-$2000 dollars to throw away. If that SD cart ever happens, that would be nice too, maybe a doom 2 rom also.

This is such a shame! I really like the idea of the multicart, but won't support piracy. I'd probably buy one from someone who put nothing but PD games on it.

As long as they had permission from the authors....

eg, Not, for example, Reboot games.... (Which are not PD)

• Like 4

i bet this cartridge has not got the ability to save games from all the cartridges without over writing the previous game save, i don't know as i don't have one but battlesphere writes to a different chip than the others, which requires different code as the write commands are different. in essence i believe this is a complete FAIL

I think the "we can't get the parts anymore" argument was bunk. More of the Battlesphere lore and legend.

The BSG ROM can be burned to a pair of 27C160 EPROMs which are easily available. The 93C86 SRAM chip seems to work just fine for BS save game/settings. Even in 2002/03 I find it hard to believe those parts were hard to source. Perhaps I am wrong.

You are not wrong. In 2016 those parts are still readily available. Parts will cost about $15 ($10 in bulk). Only collectors need pay $$$. Game players need only search for the thread on burning two chip carts. Someone was nice enough to post that guide for everyone rather than just keep it to themself.

I just purchased a BSG, with the correct eeprom for saving, someone was nice enough to direct me to someone with the skills to do this, and it was less than $150. this will be the only game I buy this way, but it was my only option. to bad the original authors dont make and sell more, since I now know its possible, and affordable, I bet they could sell these for $100+ all day long. oh well, my quest is over. I'll now consider watching these ebay auctions for entertainment now, rather dispair.

I just purchased a BSG, with the correct eeprom for saving, someone was nice enough to direct me to someone with the skills to do this, and it was less than $150.

That game was my motivation to learn about jag carts. I spent a LOT more than that to succeed. Now that I've played BSG, OK game, but not $$$ in greatness.

• Like 5

Love how his auction describes it as RARE as if it was produced by ATARI themselves. Where is the part where it is clearly stated this is a reproduction?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAST-ONE-Rare-Atari-Jaguar-Multicart-8-In-1-Cartridge-Iron-Soldier-II-Towers-RPG-/311634658165?rmvSB=true

I could not get Hyperforce game to play. The game starts up and everything but I had trouble getting an actual game started. All other games work perfectly. The photos show the actual item for sale. I bought a huge Atari Jaguar lot / collection about a year ago and it included 7 of these multicarts. I sold six already, the buyer of the first one I sold is very happy as can be seen in my feedback.
Also, Im not so eager to sell this highly rare and collectible item. :) But I will be happy to sell today and give it a new home. The video shows how this cart works, the cart in the video is the one I sold. I didn't have time to make a video for this exact cart. It works perfectly (except Hyperforce), including sound. In the video I didn't have the audio hooked up. Everything is mint condition like new.
I don't know when or even if I will offer this for sale again. This is the last one! I sold the other 5 very quickly yesterday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

I don't know when or even if I will offer this for sale again. This is the last one

There will probably be more for sale next week after the next batch is made. Really, once you figure out how to make one, you can make as many as you want to.

I see three up for sale, all by kevincal, a seller and former forum member who is notorious for jacking up prices of Jag items. I'm sure the creators of BS would be happy to see that. Best to avoid so as not to give that scum any more power in raising Jag items to ridiculous prices.

Sad to hear, I bought a jad CD drive from him and he negotiated a decent deal.

I like how he states he bough a large jag lot and it included 7 of these. Knowing full well he bought these carts directly from the the manufacturer last year

I dont trust the guy. He wanted a nuon controller few months back and I replyed to his want add. He low balled 20 and i countered 50 he tried for a week go convene me it was worth half of what i offered it to him. He finally payed the 50 stating some bs that I was price gauging him only to see he listed it on ebay a couple weeks later for $125 and sold it. I called him out on it and he gave me a bs line that he bought another one off ebay that same week as mine. Only there was no ebay sold listings on ebay or ebay internationals. Plus the one listed was the one I sold him cause it still had the QA sticker and numbers on the back.

• Like 5