IGNORED

Atari plastic handle.

fire_Will

Ok, I was wondering about making my own plastic handle insert for the standard 2600 joystick. I have a friend who actually has a plastic injector machine of some kind. Im supposed to take him a handle he knows someone who can make a mold for it. Now the question is? Is this legal or what. And I know you can buy one for 4.00 bucks and I found another place for little under 3.00. of course plus shipping. So give me youre thoughts and if I can get it done farily reasonable, would anybody be interested in getting some. Im not talking about making money here just enough to cover getting it done. :ponder:

I think that it would be perfectly legal. You bought the joystick right? Atari (or current owner) can't do a thing about you modifying or repairing your joystick in any manner you see fit. (At least that is my understanding... that pesky DMCA might make this realilty different?)

When you start selling them is where you may run into problems... but I doubt even that would be an issue with hardware that is very old. Besides, other third party manufactured parts are available.

Short answer: don't worry about it, make your joystick handle.

Ok, I was wondering about making my own plastic handle insert for the standard 2600 joystick. I have a friend who actually has a plastic injector machine of some kind.  Im supposed to take him a handle he knows someone who can make a mold for it. Now the question is? Is this legal or what.  And I know you can buy one for 4.00 bucks and I found another place for little under 3.00. of course plus shipping.  So give me youre thoughts and if I can get it done farily reasonable, would anybody be interested in getting some.  Im not talking about making money here just enough to cover getting it done. :ponder:

Are you talking about the white plastic insert for the standard 2600 joystick? I think I have a few of those in new (old stock) condition. Are you interested in one or two - I smell a great deal for you! :D

Yes I was talking about the plastic white handle in the rubber boot. I have about 7 new ones left that I got off ebay at a good price. But I picked up 11 joysticks this weekend havent had a chance to go thru all them yet, and I dont mean to cut the atari site out of sales but 4.00+shipping for one seems pretty steep considering what it is. Was just considering some options, that could help out the whole atari community. And maybe some aftermarket joysticks I could use some new parts for too, if this guy can actually make the molds, should know something in a week or so. :D

Archived