IGNORED

Collecting ADHD.

Well you say that, but I have a crap-load of games that I keep thinking to myself "You know what? I need to sit down and play this someday. I've always wanted too..." I take it off my shelf, open up the case, maybe fiddle with the manual a bit... Then I look back at the empty space on my shelf.

This lonely, one space that isn't occupied. It's almost sad... So then I put it back on the shelf and everything looks great again... Maybe I just enjoy looking at video games more than I enjoy playing them.

Congrats and that's your focus. My focus is narrowing down my collection to only games I know will get played. Maybe you should hit up my eBay store and buy up all of my crap games since they are not selling.

Edited by thadsilverfox
  • Like 1

This lonely, one space that isn't occupied. It's almost sad... So then I put it back on the shelf and everything looks great again... Maybe I just enjoy looking at video games more than I enjoy playing them.

There is an easy solution to this problem -- just buy two copies of each game; one copy to keep on permanent display, and the other to actually play.

There is an easy solution to this problem -- just buy two copies of each game; one copy to keep on permanent display, and the other to actually play.

Oof. I have a hard time understanding that one.

I'm sure it's an option for those of us with bottomless wallets. I try not to keep doubles on hand though, having neither the budget nor the space for two of everything. but hey, everyone collects differently so whatever goes...

Sure everyone collects differently. It's just buying two copies, one to sit and never get loved... something I personally have a hard time with. If that's your style, that's your style.

Now, I can see some folks getting the special editions of titles for display purposes. Some of those came with some really neat extras (and the regular versions are much much cheaper at this point).

I play/collect, so a copy of each title is fine by my own system; I do my best to preserve it's condition once it is actually mine. Everyone has different storage methods, display methods etc.

Speaking of collection ADHD... I've snapped up like 9 PS3 games in the last 3 days because there was a sale on (and I've recently fixed a PS3 that I got for next to nothing). Been trying to stick to my focus of horror themed stuff with that one. So far, mostly so good. Fun times... but yet another system to keep an eye peeled for. Lol.

• Like 1