IGNORED

7800 problems

atarianer2003

sounds like the RF tuner needs to be adjusted to me...but usually you only get BW picture with sound..or you can go to BW without sound...but not usually sound on most..and not on others...

either way...I suspect the RF tuner needs adjusting...

There is also the color wheel inside for both the 2600 side..and the 7800 side. Do 2600 carts come up in color..and only the 7800 ones are in BW or any come up in color at all. If only 7800 stuff is in BW..then it is possible the wheel for that needs to be adjusted or turned but if both 2600 and 7800 are doing it then I stick with the RF needed adjustment itself.

I found that when I removed the big shiny metal sheild plate thingy inside my Pal 7800 my picture also improved, then after fiddling inside a bit, I put the shiny metal thingy back in again....and my picture is slightly grainy again.

I put the sheild back in because I didn't want it to interfere with my home cinema equipment.

Yeah the quality of the RF output really is shocking. I used to use my 7800 for playing 2600 games, but then I tried a jr after a long break and the picture was so much better I went back to using that.

Kinda defeats the point of the 2600 compatibility I think :)

I know you can mod the output, but I never get round to it, and know next to nothing about electronics.

The French 7800 has a SCART output instead though. I keep meaning to pick one up off Ebay.fr. I'm interested to see how better the picture is.

Jobf.

A/V outut as standard on French models? Are you sure?

IF so then I want one, but then again..... Are they Pal or Secam?

I tried to mod my 7800 but it was a failure, and I would love A/V outputs, even if it's a scart.

A/V outut as standard on French models? Are you sure?

IF so then I want one, but then again..... Are they Pal or Secam?

I tried to mod my 7800 but it was a failure, and I would love A/V outputs, even if it's a scart.

The French 7800s are SCART RGB (no difference between PAL and SECAM at the RGB level). I can't remember for sure, but I don't believe the cable includes the composite signal.

Mitch

Archived