IGNORED

Which Cartridge Do You Use The Most?

Omega-TI

Cartridge Poll  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own an Extended BASIC 2.7 Suite Cartridge?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you own a FlashROM 99 Cartridge?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Of the cartridges, which one spends the most time in your TI?

• The Extended BASIC 2.7 Suite cartridge
    • The FlashROM 99 cartridge.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

A month ago, this poll was not one that I anticipated that I'd be conducting, but as times change, so sometimes do the people.

Due to the fact that the FlashROM 99 has only been out for a very short time, participation may be limited, but I think the results may be interesting. So, if you own an Extended BASIC 2.7S and a FlashROM 99, please take a moment to participate.

Thank you.

I use the XB 2.7 a lot more--but then again, I also use it to do burn-in testing on SAMS boards, so that bit alone gives it a lot of excercise. . .in the near future, it will probably be the other way around for a while, as I help try to refine the design a bit to make it even more stable than it already is. Edge cases can be a real pain to solve. . .

Edited by Ksarul

I do miss having XB at the ready all the time, (and the built in catalog function!), but the FlashROM 99 has definitely replaced 2.7 Suite as my go-to cartridge. But it stands to reason that it would...

...XB2.7 meant you could run E/A3, E/A5 or XB Load programs from disks without ever removing the cartridge. With FlashROM 99, you can do so without ever inserting a disk!! The lack of GROM support has proven to be far less of an obstacle than I originally anticipated (at least for those with 32k expansion), because of all the rips that have been created over the years.

While I'm glad that E/A and Turbo Forth can be used, having TI-Basic as the only Basic available when FlashROM 99 is plugged in does suck though.

Did anyone ever figure out a mod, or what precisely is required to make a 'widget' like device that is compatible with the new cart boards? Is it just a matter of also switching +5V power as well as the -5V power?

I'd personally prefer to have an XB and 2 of the flashrom99's in my cartridge port.

-M@

Well, there is Cortex BASIC << AVAILABLE BY CLICKING HERE >> it's a little different than you may be used to, and might not have as much room as you want, but it's 80 COLUMNS! :thumbsup:

I actually looked into Cortex as soon as I heard it could be used with the FlashROM 99, just haven't gotten around to downloading it yet. For what I would like to do in the coming months though, I think RXB might actually compete with FlashROM 99 as the cartridge I end up using the most by the end of this year.

• Like 2