IGNORED

My 5200 collection...

video game addict

Wait, you need a few joysticks now. Comp Pro, Fire Command...... :D

Yeah, I know, :D I still need a Masterplay as well. And the Wico keypad. I'm trying to hold out for complete ones thou. Was the Fire Command even released thou? for the 5200, I'm aware of the 2600 version. :ponder:

And I am still looking for better boxes on a few of those, mainly common Atari games, with tattered up flaps, and a couple which are smooshed in, on the back, etc.

Also I still need:

Decathlon manual

Frogger overlays

Mountain King overlays

And a Football box (if it exists,NOT the Realsports version)

Then I'll be thru. :ponder: :D

No protos for me. :D

I'd rather spend my money on a nice repo, with a finished label. Atleast then, I'll know what I'm getting. Protos seem to iffy. Unless you're buying from a reliable source, or long time collector, and then you still don't know cause even some of the Best protos are kind of questionable themselves. I'd rather spend my money on a sure thing, or not spend it at all. So I'll pass on all protos unless I find one in the wild. ;)

Excellent collection. :D

Was the Fire Command even released thou? for the 5200, I'm aware of the 2600 version.  :ponder:  

Probably not. I was having a similar conversation with Mr. Retrogamer in another thread about this particular joystick. He'd actually found one that SHOULD have been compatable with the 5200, but no such luck. They probably weren't released.

You're also missing the control guide 4 way adapter, the dustcover MIB, and the carrying case :P

Excellent collection. :D
Was the Fire Command even released thou? for the 5200, I'm aware of the 2600 version.  :ponder:  

Probably not. I was having a similar conversation with Mr. Retrogamer in another thread about this particular joystick. He'd actually found one that SHOULD have been compatable with the 5200, but no such luck. They probably weren't released.

That would be one less item to find then. :D

You're also missing the control guide 4 way adapter, the dustcover MIB, and the carrying case  :P

I have the dust cover, it's up top out of view from the picture I posted. You can see it somewhat in this picture:

http://www.atariaddict.com/pics/5200complete.jpg

Also I would like to get the 4-way control guide thing, how rare are they? I've seen the picture at Atari-HQ, never seen any on ebay thou. :ponder: Do you have one sku? Or does anyone own one for that matter?

The carrying case is not a big want. I *might* get one eventually but it's not really something that interests me. I still want to get a nice boxed 4-port as well. And a Multicart! :P Man I'm a long way from being done. :D

that looks like a 2600 box for space shuttle. rick weis just sold one of the original 5200 boxed space shuttles on ebay. i've got a pretty nice extra box for space shuttle, do you already have the original instructions and overlay (i don't)?

anyone know why some games like river raid and space shuttle are sold in 2600 boxes by places like telegames, best, jays, bre games, ... did activision just run out of 5200 boxes and stuff these games into the extra 2600 boxes? or do you think seller/resellers did this packaging along with making photocopies of the instructions?

Activision just started stuffing 5200 games into 2600 boxes and slapping on an orange circular sticker that says basically made for the 5200. I'm not sure what their motivation was for this. My guess is that they had too many 2600 boxes and not enough 5200 boxes and wanted to save themselves a few bucks.

You are correct CincYnoTi, that is a 2600 box for Space Shuttle. :roll: I was watching Rick's auction and was bidding on it, but forgot about it on the last day, and didn't get a chance to bid again at the end. :( But since Activision sold these in 2600 boxes, my opinion anyway, I don't mind it until I can find another like Rick's. I wasn't going to go to high thou, as Rick didn't have the overlays, and I already own the cart & manual, it seems the 8-bit manual was also for the 5200, I just recently found this out. :) All the other Activision titles pictured are 5200 boxes. :D

BTW Sku, I've seen those stickers on sealed games, which were in 5200 boxes, so it wasn't like it was just to correct the 2600 boxed versions. I assumed Activision did this to cut down on costs, just like with blue label carts. The manual, that came with that Space Shuttle, is a cheap photocopy. It doesn't even have all pages copied, it starts around pg 4 and doesn't go to the end either as I recall, and it's so small you can hardly read it. Cost saving at it's finest.

And thanks for all the positive comments!! 8)

ummm, i emailed rick earlier and he said the overlay was included in that auction...DOH! i was bidding on both that and zone ranger (still don't have the black label version), but the winning bids greatly exceeded my expectations.

Archived