IGNORED

Anyone know if AtariGuide dot com is still 'active' ?

strudders

I'm a UK 2600 collector and placed an order at AtariGuide.com a couple of weeks back. The whole process is automated via PayPal and I've heard nothing back about shipping despite sending several emails.

Anyone had any experience of buys carts through this site ?

• 4 weeks later...

Great, that makes me feel a little better. I came across a 2015 thread where someone had to file a PayPal dispute with AtariGuide and he eventually responded that the lack of order fulfillment was due to a hard drive crash at the time. Fingers crossed! Will report back how thing go.

• 5 weeks later...

To update you all: AtariGuide (Jason) never responded to any of my inquiries so I filed a PayPal dispute and after PayPal also got no response from him, PayPal refunded my purchase in full. Pretty ridiculous ordeal. He is literally stealing money from unsuspecting customers by keeping his PayPal store "active." Hopefully PayPal will shut his account down. DO NOT ORDER FROM ATARI GUIDE!

• Like 2

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you got your money back. I had a similar experience with Atari2600.com: after waiting for weeks without receiving any updates or responses, I had to file a PayPal claim to get a full refund. It wasn't a large sum (less than $50), but I've since resumed the habit of e-mailing online stores to ask if the items I'm interested in are still in stock; if I don't get a response in a reasonable time, I conclude that the store is dead and don't send them any money.

• 3 months later...

Here's an interesting wrinkle for you guys...it looks like the store selling AtariGuide's (Jason's) 7800 power supplies on Amazon is Jason himself! Makes his lack of responses/order fulfillment on his own site even more puzzling. What made me come to that realization was b/c the seller's Amazon name is "Data Alchemy" and one of AtariGuide's website pages that I recently came across when researching a game had a copyright name at the bottom of Data Alchemy. Thought that might interest you all.

The price on Amazon (Prime eligible) back in September was $18, then was out of stock for a few months, and is now up to $25 and change. Now I'm a little annoyed that my purchase in September on Amazon went to him after the huge hassle he put me through on AtariGuide!

I am deeply surprised to hear this. As I stated back in July when I knew him he was a very hard working and conscientious guy but then again I have not corresponded with him for a while now. Jason had a reputation for honesty and integrity but if he is trading on Amazon it makes me question why he is not looking after his own site and ignoring potential buyers there?

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you got your money back. I had a similar experience with Atari2600.com: after waiting for weeks without receiving any updates or responses, I had to file a PayPal claim to get a full refund. It wasn't a large sum (less than $50), but I've since resumed the habit of e-mailing online stores to ask if the items I'm interested in are still in stock; if I don't get a response in a reasonable time, I conclude that the store is dead and don't send them any money.

As a heads up to everyone, I literally just had the exact same experience with atari2600.com as well. These websites have become dormant, almost like abandoned buildings, but those who own or run them don't disable the storefront interfaces. I'm also done blindly ordering from websites without confirming via email that a human is sitting behind the desktop there.

As a heads up to everyone, I literally just had the exact same experience with atari2600.com as well. These websites have become dormant, almost like abandoned buildings, but those who own or run them don't disable the storefront interfaces. I'm also done blindly ordering from websites without confirming via email that a human is sitting behind the desktop there.

Perfect example of yet another defunct webstore is this guys':

http://www.geocities.ws/colecorestoration/products.html

…paid for a DK set years ago and was ripped blind.

Completely mind boggling how most things go "obsolete" or need constant attention and updates, yet certain sites stay up with fully working shopping carts, etc. Who in the hell keeps renewing the domain names, servers, etc. on these?!? And their PayPal addresses are still valid as your payment goes through, but you receive NOTHING. Messed up world out there and one can never be too careful!

I guess two red flags here (now) are no copyright date and all the funky ads that seem to have attached themselves to the page, but still. Thought when I ponied up the cash for this, wasn't the case.

I believe atari2600.com is now eBay only and under the moniker "the video game gallery" or something to that effect.