IGNORED

Possible CPU issue?

Opry99er

I recently tried again to play Henhouse via emulation. I noticed a very distinct speed difference in my .bin copy and my physical cartridge.

This is probably my PC being slow, but I do not experience this in any other game. I wanted to get better sound in this video because the sound is a bit different as well.

Somehow I remember talking with someone about this issue a while back, but I can't remember now.

Anyway, take a look. I can't even play the emulated version... Miserable.

http://youtu.be/0V1_Sjm5IYY

If you dare to install a current MAME, we could check the speed of your PC. The stops in the music when run in Classic99 indicate, I would suppose, that buffers are running out because sound data are not delivered in time. In MAME you would have the same effect.

By the way, what I'm wondering about is why you didn't take the video clip in landscape orientation. Many people create those portrait videos, which is a bad choice in most cases, but since I never do video shots with my smartphone I may fail to see something important.

Edited by mizapf

Ill get the computer and processor info shortly. Thanks!

It is a poor orientation for a video. Just holding a phone with one hand while operating controls with the other, watching the screen and watching the phone to make sure it stays in frame... Hard to hold a phone in landscape and keep it level with all that going on.

On my phone, when I watch back, it is full screen. When uploaded, as you can see, it processes it to be quite cumbersome to watch.

You might want to blur out your product ID. Edit: I see you already did

Seems to me that the hens take the same amount of time to cross the screen on each of your versions as they do on this MESS video :-

Edited by GroovyBee
  • Like 1

It is a poor orientation for a video. Just holding a phone with one hand while operating controls with the other, watching the screen and watching the phone to make sure it stays in frame... Hard to hold a phone in landscape and keep it level with all that going on.

Thanks for the information. So it's a usability or manual operation issue? As I said, I really meant to ask, wasn't rhetorical or so. I just wonder why there are so many videos with these side bars that just blurrily repeat the contents from the middle.

Concerning this mobile computing, I'm definitely far behind. I'm the prototypical desktop PC user; I've got a tablet but use it just for a quick mail check, for showing pictures to movies to other people, or to have something to stare on during my train rides ... resisting all these modern computing visions. So I'm using my smartphone as ... a phone.

That MESS video looks and sounds perfect. I need to take a better video that shows precisely what I am talking about... First of all, the title screen music speed. Also, The walking motion of the farmer, the speed/smoothness of the eggs in the chutes, the audio of the walking.... It is all different on my PC. Maybe my computer is just slow and out of date.

Ouch ... 64 bit OS but only 2 GiB RAM? My PC has 16 GiB.

First tip to speed up your computer: Don't mess with the OS, start with adding RAM. If there is too few RAM, your system will likely run into thrashing.

16 GiB is currently available for about €70,- ($87).

it's probably a DDR2 machine based on the processor ... max ram on those is probably 8gb.. depending on the motherboard and chipset it may be as low as 4gb but 4gb would be better than 2.. happy to look at the pc for you Owen if you want me too.. can get on with google remote desktop or vnc..

Win7 64bit on 2gb ram. I have to say that is probably your issue. My experience with Windows 7 running some basic configuration and of course with an AV running usually eats up around 1.5GB. Does not leave much..

after you boot clean and let it run for a few minutes and find out what your memory is currently running at. you can go into Task Manager and then Performance tab. It will show how much ram you are using.

• Like 1

I have a 2TB external that I use as my storage device. The only stuff I have on the main HD is browser, TI-related software, Microsoft suite, and several other small programs.

I will check to see if It is time for another push to the external.

Good thoughts guys, thanks!

Owen,

Until you get more RAM for that computer, try sticking a USB stick in the side and activate the READYBOOST, it might help a tad, it sure as heck can't hurt. The rating is also based on the lowest component, in my case it's the video, is there anything else bringing down your number besides the RAM?

post-35324-0-63546200-1467896908_thumb.jpg

• Like 1