IGNORED

ColecoNoob wants help

Poppe

Hi Atariage .
Yesterday I got a box of ColecoVision games. I have good knowledge of Sega and Nintendo games, but absolutely zero when it comes to the ColecoVision . I wonder if anyone can help me with the games value ? (I can not find some of the editions on ebay) .

Is there something special about the games with the plastic case ? (Rental edition?)

The games are complete and in ok condition (PAL).

post-47233-0-67788800-1468075910_thumb.jpg

post-47233-0-84498300-1468075995_thumb.jpg

Edited by Poppe
  • Like 1

I wonder if anyone can help me with the games value ? ( I can not find some of the editions on ebay ) .

Is there something special about the games with the plastic case ? (Rental edition?)

The pictured assortment is comprised of nearly all common European CBS releases, with Destructor and possibly the Mr. Do! being the ones I'd class as uncommon. Someone correct me if this seems amiss. As many, if not most, collectors on these forums are located in the United States and Canada, we collectively may not be the best judges of accurate valuation, given that shipping costs are significant for anyone on this side of the Atlantic that would be interested in them. I also think, and I may be wrong here, that for non-European collectors interest in the CBS titles is far less overall than for the same games released within the US or Canada, so auction listings for them aren't tracked as thoroughly. I'd be interested to hear the opinion from someone not in North America.

As for the games encased in the plastic keepcases, can you provide photos of the reverse of the boxes and the layout of the interior? I'm guessing from what is shown that the spines are squared off and not rounded, although it's hard to tell, and that the material construction is heavy plastic, right? The trimming of the sleeve inserts looks too even to be regular CBS boxes cut to fit the outer pockets, but if you could tell us whether the case artwork is printed on cardboard or slick paper, it might help.

Thanks Pixelboy and mumbai for the info.

Can anyone help me with an individual value of the games , I have zero knowledge of the value even of the common games.

Here are som more photos of the games with plastic cases

post-47233-0-93872900-1468077904_thumb.jpg

post-47233-0-72161400-1468077906_thumb.jpg

post-47233-0-50444100-1468077908_thumb.jpg

post-47233-0-08026900-1468077910_thumb.jpg

Zaxxon, Donkey Kong & Lady Bug are probably three of the most common games. Looking at the UK eBay site covering all of Europe it looks like they would probably go for about $25 - $50 each in their normal box. Not sure about these clamsells. IMO, that would seem to lower the value? But I'm not sure how attractive taking the original box and putting it into a plastic clamshell would be to collectors. I'm getting it would not be very attractive, but I could be wrong.

For me personally, I don't collect games that are in plastic clamshells.

Looking at the UK eBay site covering all of Europe it looks like they would probably go for about $25 - $50 each in their normal box.

I think that estimated range may be on the high side, but I will admit to only casually looking at CBS releases that are available to ship to the United States. I'm pretty far behind on entering data related to such things, but I did dredge out these recent closed sales (close price + postage cost):

CBS Donkey Kong Junior [CIB] $14.83 + $8.59 / May 2016

CBS Donkey Kong Junior [CIB] $49.99 + FREE / May 2016
CBS LadyBug [CIB] $4.99 + $6.50 / June 2016
CBS Smurf RIGC [CIB, worn] $18.05 + $6.73 / April
CBS Space Fury [CIB, crushed/worn] $18.26 + $11.92 / April 2016
CBS Space Fury [CIB] $9.99 + $6.30 / March 2016
CBS Venture [CIB] $17.09 + $6.79 / April 2016
CBS Venture [CIB] $14.95 + FREE / May 2016
Again, take these numbers with many grains of salt, as they are obviously incomplete for the reasons stated above, the shipping figures reflect shipment to the United States, a couple of the above originated from within the United States, and interest is probably much higher in Europe than here in North America for these particular versions of the games.

I think that estimated range may be on the high side, but I will admit to only casually looking at CBS releases that are available to ship to the United States. I'm pretty far behind on entering data related to such things, but I did dredge out these recent closed sales (close price + postage cost):

CBS Donkey Kong Junior [CIB] $14.83 + $8.59 / May 2016

CBS Donkey Kong Junior [CIB] $49.99 + FREE / May 2016
CBS LadyBug [CIB] $4.99 + $6.50 / June 2016
CBS Smurf RIGC [CIB, worn] $18.05 + $6.73 / April
CBS Space Fury [CIB, crushed/worn] $18.26 + $11.92 / April 2016
CBS Space Fury [CIB] $9.99 + $6.30 / March 2016
CBS Venture [CIB] $17.09 + $6.79 / April 2016
CBS Venture [CIB] $14.95 + FREE / May 2016
Again, take these numbers with many grains of salt, as they are obviously incomplete for the reasons stated above, the shipping figures reflect shipment to the United States, a couple of the above originated from within the United States, and interest is probably much higher in Europe than here in North America for these particular versions of the games.

Are you looking at USA or EU eBay? I was checking EU as I assumed that's where the original poster would be selling the items at (assuming he's asking to sell) and I'm seeing more prices like this:

Donkey Kong Junior für Coleco Vision in OVP komplett £16.94

CBS COLECOVISION ** DONKEY KONG JR (JUNIOR) ** EN BOITE ** BON ETAT ! £14.90

Donkey Kong | ColecoVision - PAL £30.61

but I agree my estimations may be on the higher side for a US prices.

Are you looking at USA or EU eBay? I was checking EU as I assumed that's where the original poster would be selling the items at (assuming he's asking to sell) and I'm seeing more prices like this [...] but I agree my estimations may be on the higher side for a US prices.

Like I said, I only look at these particular items from the perspective of what a user of eBay.com (not .uk, .de, etc.) will see as available to ship to the United States, fully realizing that this is not the full sweep of availability nor that it captures general interest in these games outside the U.S. with any accuracy ... I have too little spare time on my hands to engage in correcting those flaws, despite interest on my part to do so, as it doesn't suit my immediate interests. :)

For any number of reasons, I also agree with your agreement. :)

• Like 1

I'm seeing more prices like this: [...]

Addendum: Now that I've actually clicked on the links, unless I'm missing something, only the Donkey Kong Junior listing from gamotek's is marked as "sold", but I haven't had time to keep track of how eBay may have monkeyed with clearly flagging sales v. expirations on listings @ .co.uk which may be as cock-eyed as it has become on the .com site.

Addendum: Now that I've actually clicked on the links, unless I'm missing something, only the Donkey Kong Junior listing from gamotek's is marked as "sold", but I haven't had time to keep track of how eBay may have monkeyed with clearly flagging sales v. expirations on listings @ .co.uk which may be as cock-eyed as it has become on the .com site.

That could be right. To be honest I only spot checked things since I'm in the middle of a trip at the moment.

The three items that will being the most interest are:

- CV system variation with Mouse Trap as the pack-in game. While not over the top rare, this variation shows up considerably less than the numerous other CV packages with DK included. Multi-language box/instruction manual also helps increase the value.

- E.M. #1 multi-language box/manuals. This is much rare than other CBS releases of the E.M. #1.

- this version of Mr. Do! is roughly an $80 game, but it all depends on how many people are looking to acquire it at the time of sale/auction.

The other games will generally fetch you between $10-$20 and while the plastic clamshell games look like original CBS releases, most collectors want the cardboard version.

- CV system variation with Mouse Trap as the pack-in game. While not over the top rare, this variation shows up considerably less than the numerous other CV packages with DK included. Multi-language box/instruction manual also helps increase the value.

Was Mouse Trap not the standard pack-in game with the ColecoVision in Europe? For some reason I thought it was since almost all of the CIB systems I see on European eBay all seem to include it.

Was Mouse Trap not the standard pack-in game with the ColecoVision in Europe? For some reason I thought it was since almost all of the CIB systems I see on European eBay all seem to include it.

Not that I am aware of. Most CBS systems that I had seen when I was collecting CBS releases included DKbas the pack-in game. I only saw a handful of the Mouse Trap variation.