IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

Hehe agreed, but they've moved onto the controllers. I'm already seeing people (the scalper) arguing with others on various sites trying to justify charging $25 or so for them. Calling people cheap, using false equivalence like not wanting to pay a delivery guy a TIP for bringing you an item (like the scalper dick was providing a wanted service.) It's quite amusing.

Amazon says it's not shipping until August.

For now I have a Hyperkin Scout for SNES classic and I'll swap the dongle between systems. I kinda want an SF30 for my SNES Classic, though. But this thing has a home button on it, which I wish the SF30 had.

Edited by derFunkenstein

Amazon says it's not shipping until August.

For now I have a Hyperkin Scout for SNES classic and I'll swap the dongle between systems. I kinda want an SF30 for my SNES Classic, though. But this thing has a home button on it, which I wish the SF30 had.

I dont see a home button onthe hyperkin. Anyhow my Hori fighting pad for snes also works on wii with nes classic games. And probably nes classic also. Wii classic controller works great also.

As for home button no need. Get a retro receiver.

http://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-snes-sfc-classic/

Then pair it with a wii mote and you got your home button. Then plug your sf30 controller in the back of the wii mote. Then pause the game and remove the dongle and hit the home button. Then plug the dongle back in and you are good to go.

I dont see a home button onthe hyperkin. Anyhow my Hori fighting pad for snes also works on wii with nes classic games. And probably nes classic also. Wii classic controller works great also.

As for home button no need. Get a retro receiver.

http://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-snes-sfc-classic/

Then pair it with a wii mote and you got your home button. Then plug your sf30 controller in the back of the wii mote. Then pause the game and remove the dongle and hit the home button. Then plug the dongle back in and you are good to go.

By "this thing" I meant the N30 has a home button.

Also your directions make zero sense in this thread which is about the NES Classic, not the wii. If I'm getting up to remove the dongle, I'd just hit the reset button. Or use hakchi and press down + select.

By "this thing" I meant the N30 has a home button.

Also your directions make zero sense in this thread which is about the NES Classic, not the wii. If I'm getting up to remove the dongle, I'd just hit the reset button. Or use hakchi and press down + select.

No need to get up. Its wireless. Plug the retro receiver in to the nes classic or snes classic. Keep the classic in front of the tv. You sit on the sofa 10 feet away. Then sysc the wii mote. Keep it next to you on the sofa. No need to get up. Then plug your sf30 into the wii mote and play. Its right next to you. No need to get up. Then pause the game. And unplug the dongle right next to you. Then hit the home button. Or use a classic controller. It has home button builtin. Nothing to unplug.

Casually went into a Target on lunch on Friday and picked up one of the six available NES Classic units there. Target did it right. No online purchase option, in store only, and one per customer at that. I waited two years for this thing and was quite agitated in 2016 with the hype and how difficult it was to get. Now it was normal...thank God.

Anyway, does it live up to the hype? I personally say yes. It is cute, it is Nintendo, and I had a whole lot of fun playing it today and introducing my eldest daughter (13) to the NES. I am really glad to have scored one of these finally.

I did pre-order that 8BitDo controller however as wired controllers are a BAD thing in my house. My younger one almost took the whole system out running past be in the living room. Yeah...the wired controls have to go...

• Like 1

If Brickseek is to be believed, my local Wal-Mart has 30 of these. I think there were less than 20 people last year for the SNES Classic launch, so I bet these don't sell out for hours.

No sign in Brickseek that any of these stores are going to get the standalone controllers. :(

They had a whole stack of NES controllers the other day. I almost picked one up.

They had a whole stack of NES controllers the other day. I almost picked one up.

You should have. My brother scoured a half a dozen Targets today and found a total of three controllers in his journeys. One for me, one for him and one for a friend of his. Three of the six locations he went to had one each. Yeah, I would say the controller is MUCH more difficult to obtain than the system is.

For the first time ever I saw a few of these at the local store. The urge to buy was strong.

I'm sure I'll buy one if ever I see one "in the wild." Unless it's locked up in a cage and I have to pay some redshirt separate from my regular Target purchases. You, my AtariAge friends, will be the first to know if I bring one home.

Finally, the scalping will stop. That's a good thing.

• Like 2

I called target. Everyone is out of stock. Except few. Arlington heights il has 10 right now. I just called. But its not worth it by the time drive there to buy one. Plus shipping and handeling if were to say send it to somebody here. It would be close to 20 including box or envelope. Not worth it? For my self I do not need one.

Were 18 still in the cabinet at my local Wal-Mart around 10 PM last night nearly 48 hours after launch, when I stopped by to grab a few groceries after getting home. Like the SNES Classic has been since Christmas, I can't imagine these will be difficult for people to find if they at least occasionally go take a look at local retailers. That means if Brickseek was right about 30 units, they had only moved a dozen of these over two days.

I also thought it was interesting that I counted six SNES Classics when I was looking around electronics a few minutes before the midnight launch looking at the complete tv series DVD sets (Bought Shout Factory's McHale's Navy set while I was there), but when I was in there last night, I noticed that all six were gone. I suspect several customers walked out with both units. I wonder what they played first? :)

I'm returning mine unopened the next time I'm there, so in actuality, they've only sold 11. If there were any improvements of note, I think it would be making the rounds by now. So no need to hang on to this one. I'll stick with my 2016 original and the extra controller I bought.

Edited by Atariboy

I decided to drive up to the other target anyway. Picked up one spare controllers. He had 10. And about 7 SNES classics I think. And 6 NES classics I think. So looks like they are doing more this time. But ebay the cheapest I saw is 89. And on is still asking $136.97. So its still high.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES-Classic-Edition-Mini-Console-Extra-Second-Controller-FAST-SHIPPER/132660583425?epid=224836664&hash=item1ee32fdc01