IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

I got one in my basked on Amazon, during the frenzy, but the page blanked when I clicked "No thanks" for Amazon prime... see, if I had been an Amazon Prime member, I might have been one of the Chosen Few. :D

Oh well...

Also, people keep saying there will be plenty... and while I agree that is a reasonable assumption, it is still, just an assumption... unless you have some kind of inside information relative to production.

MrBlackCat

I got one in my basked on Amazon, during the frenzy, but the page blanked when I clicked "No thanks" for Amazon prime... see, if I had been an Amazon Prime member, I might have been one of the Chosen Few. :D

Oh well...

Also, people keep saying there will be plenty... and while I agree that is a reasonable assumption, it is still, just an assumption... unless you have some kind of inside information relative to production.

MrBlackCat

That sucks. Force you to have amazon prime. You ave to be logged in also. I got one in the frenzy also. But when I clicked buy now it said this seller is out of stock. So much for that. Now the page doesn't load.

The bottom line is "early bird catches the worm." I did not see the crowd at Gamestop, but I did see several women in the crowd at Best Buy and even a little girl. Not everyone had the look of a reseller, but one guy who got a dented box was clearly disappointed. It seems that getting to the store 4 hours before its opening was probably the way to go if you wanted a console in your hands today.

This.

I showed up at 6:35am at Best Buy (open at 9) and was first in line. Best Buy had 25 units, Gamestop (open at 10) had 12, and Target (open at 8 ) only had 2 (all stores within walking distance on adjacent strip malls. I think people who had planned on hitting Target -> Best Buy -> Gamestop in that order were butthurt when they found out that Target only had 2 in stock and people immediately filed into the Best Buy line. Best Buy handed out flyers, and I was number one with an hour to kill before 9am. After 11am, any unredeemed vouchers would be put out on public display.

They said accessories were still first come first served so be there at 9 if we wanted any. I had breakfast and came back for the store opening and there was a crowd of people outside despite all 25 flyers had been issued. Those of us who had flyers were allowed to file in ahead of the crowd. I'm not really sure what the people in the back expected to get. Maybe extension cables for their Wiimotes? Best Buy had quite a few of those, but single digits worth of spare NES controllers and only four Edge joysticks.

I walked out with an NES Mini (which will be going to my uncle for Christmas), a spare controller (so my aunt can join in), and an Edge joystick. I plan on getting a Mini but I can wait until after Christmas if need be, or possibly buy one used at GameXChange. I personally am in no rush. I say let the scalpers and soccer moms fight over the current stock.

That is madness. This is a Nes on a chip system! Nintendo always does this short supply nonsense but how can they justify a short supply of such a cheaply made product??

• Like 1

That is madness. This is a Nes on a chip system! Nintendo always does this short supply nonsense but how can they justify a short supply of such a cheaply made product??

It's justified by the frenzy it creates. Though I'd hardly call this "NES chasing" a frenzy at this point in time.

Anyways, I love watching this sort of thing. Endless entertainment!

Edited by Keatah