IGNORED

Doom doesn´t work on certain Jaguars ?

Lord-Chaos

I´ve bought my Jaguar in 1994 and all games work fine except Doom , this one crashes soon after the Start.

Not just one cart , all Dooms won´t work.

I´ve heard that there is something different in the early PAL Jaguars , since my uncle bought a Jaguar a little later and Doom just works fine on his system.

No other cart crashes on my system , and the CD games work , too.

Or is there anything special in a Doom cart ???

Thimo

hi,

i dont know. i myself have been waiting 2 weeks now for my jaguar. :sad: . once i get the atari jaguar and i have tested it. i will let you know.

Best regards,

dragonforce

I´ve bought my Jaguar in 1994 and all games work fine except Doom , this one crashes soon after the Start.

Not just one cart , all Dooms won´t work.

I´ve heard that there is something different in the early PAL Jaguars , since my uncle bought a Jaguar a little later and Doom just works fine on his system.

No other cart crashes on my system , and the CD games work , too.

Or is there anything special in a Doom cart ???

Thimo

I recall when Doom came out that some Jaguars did not play the cart and others did. However, if you sent your Jaguar to them they would replace it for free.

I doubt your going to get a replacement free now. Then again, Jaguar's don't cost very much, so you might be a ble to score another one inexpensively.

I do know that if you subject Doom to certain situations, you can make it crash intentionally. I don't remember all the cases, but one place I can eliably make the game crash that I can rmember is on the third level, as you climb the stairs to the exit, if you enter the invincibility and unlimited ammo code, the game locks up. I can do this on both my copies of doom, on both my Jaguars, so unless I just happened to get the right combinations, I'm assuming this works on any jag and any doom.

I doubt your going to get a replacement free now.  Then again, Jaguar's don't cost very much, so you might be a ble to score another one inexpensively.

I do know that if you subject Doom to certain situations, you can make it crash intentionally.  I don't remember all the cases, but one place I can eliably make the game crash that I can rmember is on the third level, as you climb the stairs to the exit, if you enter the invincibility and unlimited ammo code, the game locks up.  I can do this on both my copies of doom, on both my Jaguars, so unless I just happened to get the right combinations, I'm assuming this works on any jag and any doom.

There are also some places where you can pass through walls and get in a mode where the game crashes. I also think there's one secret in the game that is impossible to get to.

Archived