IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Podcast (New Podcast)

David Alexander

I know that you gents have spoken about various reviews by the AVGN, FigureItOut Productions, and Metal Jesus (Rocks). However, the Atari 5200 was just reviewed by Replay Retro, and gave a really good and honest review of the system (

). Definitely it is worth checking out if you have not already done so as the review is really well researched and produced.
  • Like 4

I know that you gents have spoken about various reviews by the AVGN, FigureItOut Productions, and Metal Jesus (Rocks). However, the Atari 5200 was just reviewed by Replay Retro, and gave a really good and honest review of the system (

). Definitely it is worth checking out if you have not already done so as the review is really well researched and produced.

Thanks for sharing. I posted a link of the video on our Facebook page.

• Like 1

Just a question.

If I can get my hands on a Wico Y cable, do I really need the Wico joystick?

Or can I use any Atari or Sega controller with no analog?

I do not believe you can do that but I will contact co-host Steve who is the master of controllers and the king of adapters to give you a definitive answer.

Just a question.

If I can get my hands on a Wico Y cable, do I really need the Wico joystick?

Or can I use any Atari or Sega controller with no analog?

David is right- the splitter cable will not work with any controller other than the Wico joystick it was designed to be used with.

David is right- the splitter cable will not work with any controller other than the Wico joystick it was designed to be used with.

Ok, but why does the Competition-pro joystick work?

Aren't the 2 buttons on that controller only for left and right-handed play?

The box doesn't say anything about the 5200. :?

Edited by Atari PAC-MAN Fan

Ok, but why does the Competition-pro joystick work?

Aren't the 2 buttons on that controller only for left and right-handed play?

The box doesn't say anything about the 5200. :?

The box had a big orange sticker on it that showed it was for the 5200:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/154170-fs-competition-pro-5000-joystick-boxed-for-atari-5200/

Those two buttons have independent actions on the 5200 because it was manufactured to be specific to the 5200. Hope that helps.

The box had a big orange sticker on it that showed it was for the 5200:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/154170-fs-competition-pro-5000-joystick-boxed-for-atari-5200/

Those two buttons have independent actions on the 5200 because it was manufactured to be specific to the 5200. Hope that helps.

Ok. Didn't know they made one specifically for the 5200. It looks exactly like the other ones except for that orange sticker. I always assumed people just used the regular competition pro with a separate Y cable.

Thanks for the advice! ;-)

Those wico y cables are worth 30 apiece according to eBay. I was looking to get a double wico setup but $150 is hard to swallow.

I'm at a $150 for two controllers, one keypad, and one Y cable. Gotta admit that I absolutely love those Wicos and my 9 years old god daughter feels the same way. She is a wiz at Frogger.

Edited by LaserCat
  • Like 1

Yes, there is a gentleman in Germany who is planning to upgrade a whole bunch of 5200s with things like HDMI output and other upgrades. It won't be cheap $250+ (shipping not included). However, it looks to be a really awesome project that if it becomes a reality, could be the 5200 to have for many, many years to come.

Black Edition?

Edited by Hwlngmad

Yes, there is a gentleman in Germany who is planning to upgrade a whole bunch of 5200s with things like HDMI output and other upgrades. It won't be cheap $250+ (shipping not included). However, it looks to be a really awesome project that if it becomes a reality, could be the 5200 to have for many, many years to come.

Who is this guy ? Does he have an ebay account ? If it is who I think it is the guy was banned from AA and is a total scum and sells junk .

Who is this guy ? Does he have an ebay account ? If it is who I think it is the guy was banned from AA and is a total scum and sells junk .

I had previously purchased his set of 69 5200 overlays with no issues. He is out of Germany.

Here is a link to the website http://0711spiele.de/zubehoer/atari-5200-orphan-overlay-collection/

Does this seem to be the same person you are talking about?

His name is Ralf Puchner on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ralf.puchner?sk=wall&fref=gs&dti=1071190119564807&hc_location=group_dialog