IGNORED

River Raid II and others!!!

EricDeLee

I just walked into a local store that sells Atari Games for 99 cents.

And... by chance... someone has decided to dump a few rares with the instruction booklets onto the normal stuff they have.

So today, I got Q*Bert (Red Label), River Raid (activision standard label), River Raid II (Special label -- black label), and a Mario Bros. (Silver label).

All for a grand total of: $4.27

:)

What do you all think about my find???

I also placed $60 worth of carts in layaway (I didn't have much cash with me) so will be getting that out soon. Lots of goodies in there too! Stuff like Jedi Arena, Baseball (sears picture) X2, Beamrider (this time I made sure it was an Atari 2600 cart), Frogs and flies, Star Wars Arcade game, and many others!!!

I'll make a list once I get them out of layaway!!!!!!!!

I know... it seems a little strange placing a crap load of Atari stuff on layaway (I caught a few people smirking at me for doing so) but I think it's worth it.

Plus I didn't want the good games to get away from me!

They also have an original Asteroids Arcade cabinet that I've been meaning to place in layaway. The cost: $400

I love this place!!!!!

LOL

Not sure about trading instructions unless I have doubles. But then again... I may.

The ones I know for sure:

River Raid

River Raid II

Mario Bros.

Q*Bert

Pac-Man

Min. Golf

Zaxxon

Star Wars: Empire....

Star Wars: Jedi Arena

Star Wars: Arcade

Asteroids

Trick Shot

Fruits and flies... frogs and flies... (something to that sort)

a crap load of Imagic games (or whatever the company's name is that makes Demon Attack)

and a lot of others I can't remember att.

I can't remember a lot of the stuff that I placed in Layaway. :ponder: A few commons and a lot of good ones too. all for 99 cents! I love it! :D

My father-in-law has about 40 of them as well. All of his are in perfect condition (the atari and games were not touched for years except by me... then he joined me and whupped my ass in Asteroids).

I think he ordered most of his from sears.... so they have the pictures on the carts. The rarest ones he has is Stellar Track and Outer Space if I remember correctly. (I need to check out his version of Atlantis... :ponder: )

Anyways... I'll be getting those whenever he passes away (which I pray to God he doesn't for another 40 years or so! I can do without the damn games... I'd rather have HIM around!)

I'm new to the scene but luckily I'm finding some good stuff.

I still have a lot to learn too! Example: I almost placed River Raid II back on the shelf and got something else... since I already placed one in layaway (if I remember correctly). But decided that if I got doubles of River Raid II ... I can live with that! :)

Archived