IGNORED

Short term goals.

Sinphaltimus

Get rid of my tape drive.

Why? 11k program limit.

Built the fr99 from kit.

I hope to use this to replace my tape drive.

Develop in emulation (extended basic for now, going to learn assembly).

Convert xb programs in to fr99 compatible bin files (cartridges).

Load programs on tio original hw and use.

So I learned I need 32k to see this through. My next project will be the internal 32k upgrade. Chips are already ordered.

Then after that I'll do the crystal upgrade for better performance. That part is also ordered.

That should complete my short term goals.

In the long term I want the nanopeb cf7 and f18a. Cf7 mia, f18a currently above budget.

End result, to use the ti (possibly 2 or more together) in a live audio video performance alongside other retro-hacking tech performers this July 5th at Wysteria (https://www.wisteria.org).

I'm starting this topic as a way to track progress over the coming year.

-Sin

Wondering if the internal 32k mod will limit you in any way if you eventually want to go the PEB route? Example: SAMS card? I suppose you can eventually have two TI-99s in that case. As for you list of goals, I'd like to chime in on the F18A upgrade. It's simply amazing and probably would be my #1 goal from that list you've created. Hooking a TI up to an old TV is so extremely second-rate after seeing the TI with a nice VGA Monitor. You seem especially interested in graphics. I'd say from my experience it's basically an essential upgrade.

• Like 1

Wondering if the internal 32k mod will limit you in any way if you eventually want to go the PEB route? Example: SAMS card? I suppose you can eventually have two TI-99s in that case. As for you list of goals, I'd like to chime in on the F18A upgrade. It's simply amazing and probably would be my #1 goal from that list you've created. Hooking a TI up to an old TV is so extremely second-rate after seeing the TI with a nice VGA Monitor. You seem especially interested in graphics. I'd say from my experience it's basically an essential upgrade.

I agree, is just pricey right now. I completed the fr99 build.

I ordered the parts for both the crystal upgrade and the 32k internal ram upgrade. Under 20 bux for both those upgrade parts and I had to order more than I needed to keep the price lower.

I'm having a hard time justifying legacy hardware costs and whining about the gtx 1080 card from nVidia. My wife says I've our the other, the other is almost 700 bux right now. I'm trying to finagle both.