IGNORED

Snake WIP

Dmitry

This isn't a new project. It was going to be an ABBUC entry, and then I missed the deadline.

What is still not done:

1. snake direction when entering a new room needs to be remembered

2. win screen needs to be done

3. snake animations need to be put back in/completed

4. artwork for the rooms

5. try it on real atari - fix some glitches with the display

Mostly trying to figure out how to kickstart the project. It got derailed by some of my contract work taking up all my time.

I knew that would derail it, and it did. But that doesn't mean it can't start back up again... it's all a psychological game, lol :)

I sent off a 1200XL for upgrade to Antonia 4MB/VBXE - new toy will kickstart my interest for sure, but it won't happen over night.

I don't actually expect anyone to have any tremendous interest in a Snake game, but if anyone does want in on the project - I'd be glad to just have it finished....

snake.xex

code.zip

• Like 7

• 4 years later...

Glad I posted the code back in 2016. 

Talk about a break.  I'm not finishing this game, but - I will start and not finish another game :)

I often wonder on these unfinished projects, what places them aside and causes them not to complete.

On getting off track, well generally "work" is the culprit.  I go into weeks and months of no free time, and then I don't find my way back to coding the side project.  And when I do years later, typically I've lost the code.

This time, didn't lose the code!!!

Not that I need it specifically, but it helps me to remember what path I was on back then.  Apparenlty I used cc65, most likely because I had started in C, and then moved it over to nearly entirely ASM, just as a way of bridging into ASM.

If I get my environment setup, I'll just have to dust off my asm knowledge and can move on.

• Like 1

I notice I posted "try it on a real Atari" - ack, so I don't have the last code.

I still have the XEX of the real Atari version....it was a playable game, the only thing I hadn't finished was making the entire level.

oh well, anyway, it's better than nothing.