IGNORED

Overlays - do you use them?

Me, too. I agree with Keith Robinson's view that the overlays are unnecessary once you've learned the controls; all that's needed is to keep them handy until that happens. I want to keep my overlays in good shape, so I generally don't use them in the controller; instead, I store them in one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FVJDV2//ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=5359d0aa9753f6b524277b8683f32927

The pouches in this binder are the perfect size for Intellivision overlays, and they work well with Atari 5200 overlays, too. If I need to refer to an overlay, I just flip to the corresponding page. I've got one of my complete Intellivision Flashback sets (60 pairs of overlays total) in there now, together with some third-party and licensed game overlays not included in that set, and together they take up about six pages (both sides) out of the twenty that are included. More than enough room for growth.

Oh, that's neat! I guess I should do the same. I have many duplicate overlays, and I should keep the nicest ones crisp and minty on a nice collector's book like that one, and just use the extra ones. :)

-dZ.

I have had my overlays in a Wal-Mart baseball card binder since the late 90's when I threw away off my boxes. Maybe is time to upgrade my storage.

They are great for keeping handy when the kids or other uninitiated want to play a game, even when they are not totally necessary like in Astrosmash.

I rarely use them, too, or have them resting near me for a quick reference guide while playing. But if you play your favorite games often enough you remember what is what

For storing your overlays, if you haven't seen this other thread discussion, please do so:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255116-anyone-have-ideas-how-to-store-an-overlay-collection/?p=3557244