IGNORED

Any interest in old-school adventure games on the TI?

ElectricLab

To clarify, is there any interest in out there in creating new adventure games for others to play? Some years back, I created an adventure engine that uses MySQL on the backend, and I could create all the needed ingredients for interactive adventure games that could be played from the command line in UNIX. Basically I made it so one could create Zork and Pirate Adventure type games just be adding the right entities to database. I never did much with it, but I recently modified it to work on the web and tied it to MyTI99.com (It's not active just yet. read on if interested) and I've made it work with Stuart's Internet Browser.

I've been putting the finishing touches on web-based admin screens where one can create new adventures, create all the needed parts like locations, items, phrases, etc. The goal was to make it REALLY EASY for anyone with a little creativity to use these screens to put together adventure games, and publish them on MyTI99.com for others to play on their TIs.

I've only made one simple 18 or so location game that I created to test and debug the engine and admin tools. It's kind of fun, and I always enjoyed these types of games. I understand they're not for everyone, but I suspect there must be someone who will be interested in this project. I hope :) Personally I have fond memories of staying up way too late with my best friend in High School, circa 1983, trying to solve Pirate Adventure on the TI. Say YOHO anyone?

If anyone is interested in creating some games, please let me know and I'll make the admin tools available to you when I get them completed. I should mention that the admin tools are meant to be used on a modern web browser, but the finished games/maps are all playable on the TI itself using Stuart's Internet browser.

Just throwing this out there to see if I'm the only one that would be interested in this stuff or not.

• Like 4

There are quite a few folks here that like adventure-style games, so I would say that your effort is a good fit for the community. :) It might draw in some more of the folks who are interested in their machines but not too active now either, so it has additional advantages. . .